Razer Blade Stealth- Music Production
    Tech Wizard

Default Razer Blade Stealth- Music Production

Hey, guys! It's been a while since I posted on the forums. Anyways, I got something to ask whoever is familiar with this brand of laptops for producing/performing

Up until last fall, I was a PC guy. I used Ableton and FL Studio as my DAW's and Traktor as my Dj software. Everything was going fine but I decided last fall to switch over to a Mac. I use all of the same programs on Mac except I use logic pro instead of Fl Studio. I really like the work flow and convenience of my Mac but there is something that is making me want to switch back to PC.

The newest model of laptops from Razer(the Blade Stealth) has quite a few good features and for around the same price as a Macbook pro, I can get a Razer with better specs. I was wondering if there's anyone here on the forums that is currently using a Razer Blade Stealth for production/live work and if so, what they've experienced with it so far.

To give you guys a better idea of what I currently have vs what Razer offers, I'll list the specs below

My current Mac- 2015 Macbook pro with 2.7ghz i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 128gb storage
    Programs used on my mac- Ableton Live 9, Logic Pro X, Adobe photoshop, Go pro studio, Traktor pro 2

Razer I'm interested in- Razer blade stealth QHD with Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Dual-Core Processor, 8GB RAM, 256gb storage
    Programs I'd use on the Razer- Ableton Live 9, FL Studio, Adobe photoshop, Go pro studio, Traktor pro 2

Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Aryciuss; 07-22-2016 at 02:10 PM.

Tech Wizard

Anybody??

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'd go for it! That configuration has enough power to allow use Traktor and Ableton simultaneously

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the reply, Stewe. Yeah, for just over 1,100 US, I can get a stealth with a faster processor, the same amount of RAM, double the storage and a touch screen. As much as I like my Mac, it doesn't offer most of the that for the same price.

Tech Wizard

Anybody else use the razer blade stealth?

it comes with FL studio also it seems like a good bang for your buck, although for that machine 8 gb ram is kinda low

Tech Wizard

Yeah. 8GB is enough RAM to get plenty of work done, but by no means is that a huge amount of RAM for production work. What about the hp spectre x360 or lenovo yoga 900? Anybody use these for production work? They look like a great deal, for the price (even more so than the razers).