Worst DJ you've seen? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

All the DJs I have heard or seen that have been bad were either people DJing at their/a friend's party or people still learning.

That being said, I once met someone who didn't understand the concept of redlining and why it was bad. I walked into the radio station and asked him why all the VU meters topping out and he replied to the effect of "I mean, it sounds better loud"

Tech Wizard

Me when I dj'ed while on liquid lsd

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    Me when I dj'ed while on liquid lsd
    HA! Yeah, you were pretty bad that night
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    HA! Yeah, you were pretty bad that night
    2hr set cut short by 1 hour 55. Would do it again thou

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    2hr set cut short by 1 hour 55. Would do it again thou
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

A Brazilian psy trance DJ in Edinburgh. Played a couple of great tracks, then split his beer on the mixer, breaking it. There was apparently no backup (?!) and the night ended at 11pm rather than 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    A Brazilian psy trance DJ in Edinburgh. Played a couple of great tracks, then split his beer on the mixer, breaking it. There was apparently no backup (?!) and the night ended at 11pm rather than 3am.
    Well then apparently it was just his behavior and respect to the gear he played on that wasn't good and this has not necessary to do with him being DJ but more with him being a stupid badass

The lack of backup is certainly not the DJs fault but one from the People in Charge of the Party (Promoter, Club-Owner).

Well this Kind of stories is the reason why I always step away from the gear when drinking and got liquids either on another Table or on the ground next to the booth.

Happened once that an idiotic guest split his Jackie-Coke over the gear but the Club had a backup.

Kris Wadsworth at The Works a couple weeks ago.
    He was playing a vinyl set and couldn't line up his tracks, it all sounded like shoes in a dryer.
    I could forgive sloppy technique, but his track selection was all over the place, plus he kept making out with some girl right there on stage...

Tech Wizard

I saw Myon & Shane 54 blatantly fake a DJ set at a major club in LA recently, that was pretty bad coming from a professional artist.

Quote Originally Posted by elmooso View Post
    I saw Myon & Shane 54 blatantly fake a DJ set at a major club in LA recently, that was pretty bad coming from a professional artist.
    I saw Mark Ronson do this at a festival a few years back. Obviously playing off one channel. He disappeared during a transition and came back "wiping his nose".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast