dj live on facebook
    Tech Wizard

Default dj live on facebook

i have seen people doing it so i thought i would give it ago. So i set everything up got it running and after 10mins facebook blocked it on copyright grounds. i dont get it cause every other person i have seen doing it does not get theirs blocked . Is there away round this

No. And there's a lot more that also get stopped on copyright, that we don't hear about. Soon as you upload, it becomes property of FB, and they aren't getting sued for breach of copyright, hence they kill the vid containing any music/sample that's protected by copyright. Personally, unless you are playing to a venue or a live audience, it's not really much of an interest to guys who actually want to hear the music with half decent quality.
    Over here, tons of guys are/were at it in bedrooms, and it got very boring, very quick. I want to hear the music, not dodgy phone video sound stream with a video stream of a dude with 'Serato face', and a rather dull duvet in the background, and maybe if you look hard enough, some unwashed laundry. An added bonus if the DJ lights up a cig, or swill from a can of coors, so I tend to ignore, and sometimes unfollow these guys. At the start, it's a novelty, folk get to see the tech that other folk use, but seriously, there are few that are worth watching, playing the same boring shit, on a laptop and controller.
    Don't mean to shoot ya down dude, but I cannot stand the FB bedroom DJ thing. It's pointless.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 07-24-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

im not using my phone got it running of my pc for better audio

Quote Originally Posted by jag4life View Post
    im not using my phone got it running of my pc for better audio

Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

I just did a live set this past weekend. Going to do it again this weekend with myself, and Osheen of Strictly Rhythm/Blinded records.

ill be streaming me playing league of legends , while insta graming pics of kittens, in the middle of my DMC set...people act like they dont dig it, but they really do.....
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Default Live has been a great tool

My residency is on a Saturday evening from 9pm until close and I always use Live to broadcast my sets as the city I live in has a crowd who tend to only come out later but with the Live it has been useful for getting people geared up to come party and by the time they get to my venue they all commenting how they were enjoying the live whilst getting ready, travelling or whatever they were doing.

I have had many live posts blocked or deleted by facebook but also have had many post on my wall and still continue to get people watching and commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    No. And there's a lot more that also get stopped on copyright, that we don't hear about. Soon as you upload, it becomes property of FB, and they aren't getting sued for breach of copyright, hence they kill the vid containing any music/sample that's protected by copyright. Personally, unless you are playing to a venue or a live audience, it's not really much of an interest to guys who actually want to hear the music with half decent quality.
    Over here, tons of guys are/were at it in bedrooms, and it got very boring, very quick. I want to hear the music, not dodgy phone video sound stream with a video stream of a dude with 'Serato face', and a rather dull duvet in the background, and maybe if you look hard enough, some unwashed laundry. An added bonus if the DJ lights up a cig, or swill from a can of coors, so I tend to ignore, and sometimes unfollow these guys. At the start, it's a novelty, folk get to see the tech that other folk use, but seriously, there are few that are worth watching, playing the same boring shit, on a laptop and controller.
    Don't mean to shoot ya down dude, but I cannot stand the FB bedroom DJ thing. It's pointless.

i kinda want you to see my streams and give me harsh critcism. always good to get feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    ill be streaming me playing league of legends , while insta graming pics of kittens, in the middle of my DMC set...people act like they dont dig it, but they really do.....
    Hilarious
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer