Dennon x600

Thread: Dennon x600

Tech Student

Default Dennon x600

First time doing this so please be kind.
    I'm using the dennon x600 & the dennon sc3900's.I was doing a gig last Saturday when I felt with an issue have never had before.The system was working fine until I cut the music to make some announcements on the mic-when I tried to play the next song, there was no volume..not even a buzz-the monitor worked fine but nothing from the two mains-i finally got sound when I maxed out the slide faders ALL the way up-the master & both gains were at a little less than half..
    Any suggestions as to why this happened?

Is there a "ducking" feature when you engage the mic? I own the X1700 which ducks the program material when using a mic but I can set the amount on the mixer. Not sure how the X600 handles this.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Mic ducking engaged, simple. You don't need to cut the music with channel fader when you have it engaged. Also, when you're finished with the anouncment, kill the mic either with volume knob or on/off switch so the music comes back up quicker from ducking mode.

X600 also has mic ducking feature but the amount and duration cannot be user determined. It does lower the music a little bit longer then I would like to have it but nothing major, overall very good sound quality through mic (even with cheap mics)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

So, it sounds like the program was being "ducked" by the mic as the monitors still worked but only the OP can verify.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors