Soundcloud getting rid of groups
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Soundcloud getting rid of groups

Seems like a shame to me.. I found groups to be a good way of getting your tracks to people.

Any thoughts?
    SC - WS

Terrible news...
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

it doesnt matter... nobody roams groups to find music anymore now that the repost function has became so popular where there are promo groups reposting, collective labels reposting, etc. adding to groups helped generate like 10 plays and you'd land likes and comments from nothing but bots. i dont mind this at all

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    it doesnt matter... nobody roams groups to find music anymore now that the repost function has became so popular where there are promo groups reposting, collective labels reposting, etc. adding to groups helped generate like 10 plays and you'd land likes and comments from nothing but bots. i dont mind this at all
    I read your Soundcloud thread a couple of days ago and I remember groups being a big part of that. It works for me, at least, when it comes to getting plays and whatnot. What do you suggest now in replacing that "fan base" in groups?

Quote Originally Posted by telamon View Post
    I read your Soundcloud thread a couple of days ago and I remember groups being a big part of that. It works for me, at least, when it comes to getting plays and whatnot. What do you suggest now in replacing that "fan base" in groups?
    Yeah I did mention it but it's been quite some time since I wrote that and Soundcloud is right when they say they're dying out. I used to score higher numbers in the past than I do now... There's just too much pollution there. It's nothing but Soundcloud bots roaming those networks so you never really had knowledge of who/what listened to your tracks. Let's just hope they do bring in something new like they said because to just outright eliminate it without a implementing something new would be a bit silly.

Tech Wizard

So what are you doing now to get plays, likes, etc.?

hes making dope ass tracks for one....
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

lol fair enough

you need to be consistent, and you need to learn to market yourself... reach out to promo networks on soundcloud to see if they will get you with a repost, etc

if you followed my long post about gaining traction you should continue to do what i mentioned and once they phase out groups we'll have to see what they put out for us before we can start adapting. i'll certainly be looking into it and i will gladly update my post to help everyone out

Yeah I'm not happy about this either. There was a lot of noise and bots in the open groups but there were quite a few moderated groups that I thought were great. I just don't see reaching the same interested audience without them. I think well over half of my current followers found me through Techno specific groups and relying on reposts to accomplish the same coverage seems pretty weak.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast