DJ in the browser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJ in the browser

I've wanted to try and build a version of DJ software in the browser for a while now and I finally got around to giving it a go. It's still in the early stages of development but I have the basic functionality working and would love your thoughts.

It's built with reactjs, uses the soundcloud API to load/search for tracks and is 100% browser based (no server).

https://lukeandersen.github.io/reactor

reactor.jpg

Would love your feedback and thoughts.

Looks awesome !
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

hats off!!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You'll probably want to change design a bit to look less like Traktor and and the name from Reacktor to something else unless you want NI sending a not so friendly note your way.

Other than that great start!

^ Ahh yes
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Awesome

That's class..!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Guru

Great job man.

Thanks for the kind words.

Agree the design is pretty similar to NI, the project was built to see if I could replicate traktor in the browser and I didn't think so many people would like it.

I'm adding the ability to monitor/cue tracks seperate from the master out, EQ's and effects soon so keep posted.

Tech Mentor

Great job. That soundcloud integration is absolutely useful, perhaps there is more to come. The latency of the cue-points is quite high, but for the start is see great potential. I tried to drag some tracks into the window, maybe you can add that function. I think for parties at home where everybody is like into wanting his favorite track to be played and there is no real dj but just a laptop set up, this would find real use. What would also be cool would be the function to create a playlist and then maybe and auto-mix where the crossfader just blends over. Ok I don't want to reach over the top but its great to see somebody putting effort into this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast