Need replacement for VCI-400 EGE
    Tech Mentor

Default Need replacement for VCI-400 EGE

My vestax vci-400 is no longer gig dependable. Need a replacement. Like the pioneer controllers but want to stay with Traktor. My mixing style involved sync, grabbing and scrolling loops, using filters and tempo faders. I like the jog effects but don't use them much. Am used to jog wheels for cueing. But mostly just use the tempo faders and the loop scroll. I'm tired of buying something and getting left behind. Happened with the numark v7 and now with vestax going out of business. Maybe just got to traktor s4 with the ean gold mapping? But that seems like a step down. I like the pioneer SZ but at 2 grand I don't want to be giving up features to map it to traktor. The traktor kontrol s8 scares me. I was almost all for it until I realized there were no tempo faders.

S4 or just jump to Pioneer and DDJ-RX, that thing looks dope.

https://www.decks.co.uk/products/dj-...x#.V6_8QccSDeI
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    S4 or just jump to Pioneer and DDJ-RX, that thing looks dope.

https://www.decks.co.uk/products/dj-...x#.V6_8QccSDeI
    As I've been researching I've been thinking I should just jump in on the ground floor of record box. I have NEVER been able to set any meaningful cue points or do any prep work because traktor crashes every time I shut it down. (I've learned how to minimize this but long since abandoned cue points because I still get a crash often enough to lose my work)
    Maybe being able to save my work will make me a better DJ. I manually set all of my cues and excessively use the beat jump feature to find the part of the track I need. I do it all from scratch every time I open the program.
    I could just buy the s4 and then save up for the pioneer rz, but that seems like a waste.

Hmmm lord knows why you are havin g such crashing issues with traktor... mine's defo pretty stable.

I think it's good to by a controller that has dedicated software / hardware and if you having that level of grief with traktor then i'd jump ship to rekordbox for sure. Plus you get the benefit of being "club ready" with all your playlists etc if you want to play a venue that is supplying cdj 2000s etc (most of them).
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Stay with the VCI-400 and fix your Traktor issues