Updating my setup/controller, need your recommendations! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elohyspoissonpilote View Post
    Attachment 27143

Just for give you some ideas and answer to your questions.

The F1 remix deck controller is use:
    -for 1 track deck (Deck C) in the same way of the x1 with a custom mapping on the midi layer.
    -for remix deck (Deck D) mainly for triggering loops

Ableton is used for create beats on the fly ,added to the main mix and also used for external effects (delauy, reverb) sending from and back to xone92.
    To be closer from your needs and adapting from my set up, your final set up could be:
    -2 traktorx1Mk2 ==> 4 Decks easy to use especially for loops on the fly, easy browse options
    -any mixer allen and heath with send/return effect and you will get nice filters
    - souncard Traktor audio 10, in order to set traktor effects in Sent.return mode on the 5th stereo channel

If you really don't like traktor effects, just replace the FXTraktor loop by any FX extern unit you like.

Does the OP want to go modular at all? I understand he wants all in one unit and except for the XDJ RX I see no other controller with full djm style onboard FX (beat+color fx). The SZ has only sound color fx, no beat fx, if I'm not mistaken, plus it's more expensive. He also said he'd rather avoid Traktor fx.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Does the OP want to go modular at all? I understand he wants all in one unit and except for the XDJ RX I see no other controller with full djm style onboard FX (beat+color fx). The SZ has only sound color fx, no beat fx, if I'm not mistaken, plus it's more expensive. He also said he'd rather avoid Traktor fx.
    He mentions F1, X1, and whatnot so I don't think he's counted against it.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

"Feel free to suggest a controller or a modular setup that could fit my (pretty oldskool) needs "

This was the last sentence of his post, after mentionned X1, F1 and A&H mixer in his post.

Missed that part, was following where he's coming from - a portable controller:

"I used a Hercules 4MX and a custom mapping. People are looking funny when I arrive with this not-so-popular and modest controller, so I need something to be taken seriously "

Then plenty of options, just not really portable.

Tech Convert

oh hoy! Lots of replies! Thanks all so far, I'd need some time to figure it all out
    To answer a couple of questions:
    - I'd use recordbox in the past, I'm not switching from traktor right now. I like Traktor and the whole flow, but I don't like the fx and filters
    - XDJ-RX is too expensive. What's more - I think it's too expensive for the bits of basics I want. That's why I suggested a modular setup. Combine the gear I use and don't buy controllers I don't use
    - I need it to be portable, although I don't mind to move a small A&H mixer and 2 X1's for example. It's not like an XDJ-RX is very portable neither, no? Or am I overlooking something here?

The Zomo MC-1000 looks like a smart controller, I like it but it has to fit with another controller and a mixer - so not really a full setup there (nice price anyhow!)
    So far, I like elohyspoissonpilote solution: 1 A&H mixer and 2 X1's
    Does anyone has experience in mapping A&H for traktor -I'm thinking Xone 23C? and are filters calculated via traktor, or on board of the mixer (so, when applying the A&H low-pass filter, does it sound different then a mapped traktor filter?)

Quote Originally Posted by wacomole View Post
    It's not like an XDJ-RX is very portable neither, no? Or am I overlooking something here?
    Well Pio wants you to think it is. It's smaller and lighter than their S/RZ controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by wacomole View Post
    So far, I like elohyspoissonpilote solution: 1 A&H mixer and 2 X1's
    Does anyone has experience in mapping A&H for traktor -I'm thinking Xone 23C? and are filters calculated via traktor, or on board of the mixer (so, when applying the A&H low-pass filter, does it sound different then a mapped traktor filter?)
    23c is not a midi mixer, can't be mapped.
    How many decks you use? 2 or 4?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    23c is not a midi mixer, can't be mapped.
    Argh damn, didn't thought of that!
    I use 2 channels, but I add some samples from time to time in 3 &4 channels now. I can live with 2 channels in the future nonetheless.

Xone 23 + NI Audio2 + X1
    or
    Xone 23c + X1
    or
    Ecler nuo 2.0 + NI Audio2 + X1

For fx some of the Korg kaoss pads but try them together first.

If you need jogwheels 2x Behringer PL-1 instead of one X1.

If you don't use Trator fx why get X1?

You don't need midi mixer if you don't use the internal mixer in traktor.

Denon dnx600 + X1/PL-1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast