Another gig, another crash

Default Another gig, another crash

Hey guys,

Not been around much lately, busy with work and moving house...

Did a gig over the weekend and traktor crashed in a way I've not seen before.. a dialog box came up saying traktor had to close, I clicked ok, and thank god, the current track played out to the end, and I was able to restart quickly and run ok for the rest of the night.

However, from that moment on, I was unable to use my VCI-100. I'm suspecting a faulty hard disk may have caused the original problem, but I have now scanned and smoothed it out.

However.. the fault still remains, despite doing a full uninstall and reinstall, including manually removing the config files in the windows user area, I still cannot get the VCI to work. I know the unit is working because midi ox still sees it, as does Virtual DJ.

I have had this happen once before, and a full reinstall cured it, but this time, traktor refuses to recognise the VCI... thoughts ?

Moonie

SOLUTION:

As with all things, a solution became evident 2 minutes after posting this.
    If you do not have your soundcard setup, Traktor totally ignores midi!
    Last edited by djmoonie; 11-30-2009 at 01:03 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

restore point?

failing that open command prompt (with admin priveleges if applicable (vista/win7))

run devcon findall * > all.txt
    it should put a file listing all devices in the system32 folder, or you can search it.
    scroll down til you see something like this;
    USB\VID_1AA1&PID_0010&MI_00\6&1D08EB17&0&0000 : Vestax PC-CONTROLLER

now you can go 2 ways, either open another notepad type in "devcon restart" and copy and paste the code (like above) from the file. save it on your desktop as vci_restart.bat.
    then open it - might work best if the vci is plugged in and turned on?
    or option 2, instead of making a batch file, type all that into command prompt

this is just a guess, never tried this as haven't needed to. but it should restart the device drivers. i'm working on the theory that the crash disabled the drivers

edit; ok, put this together while you did your edit - but at least i tried

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    If you do not have your soundcard setup, Traktor totally ignores midi!
    True. Often seen as a bad thing but its a blessing in disguise really.

Traktor isnt actually ignoring Midi, its not allowing you to play because no Soundcard is selected.

If Traktor reverted to your Internal Card the Midi device would function but you would still have no sound via the mixer . In fact you would just hear the sound coming from the laptop and would have to go into prefs and change soundcard so its a sorta warning. The AUDIO sign in the header should be Red anyway.