Recommendations on buying a new gear bag....
    Tech Convert

Default Recommendations on buying a new gear bag....

alright, so i've recently upgraded my setup from just one AIO controller to a modular setup. and i am in the market for a new back pack, i have been scouring google and amazon for one, but it seems like every bag i see just does not look like it will fit well or protect my stuff... can anyone reccomend a good bag? my requirments are that itt must be small enough so when im flying to another city i shouldn't have to pay extra for it ( basic carry on ) but must be able to fit three controllers and a laptop. .. see picture below

(btw my stand isnt shown in the picture, but it will be going in the bag as well. its the Hercules laptop stand)

IMG_20160909_063252.jpg

I'd say your best option is to buy the BIGGEST carry on bag that you can find, then buy some black/grey high density packing foam (like you get in flight cases) and cut it to size so that all your gear is properly protected.

I suspect you'll need 2 layers of storage, so you'll want 5 layers of foam (2 layers with the cut outs for your gear, and then 3 layers of front/back protection for those layers.

As long as your 2 layers with the cut outs are thick enough for the gear to sit in comfortably, the 3 "inter-layers" can be made from thinner foam.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj