anyone using denon dnx 1600 still?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone using denon dnx 1600 still?

wondering how the soundcard in this mixer is doing as far as compatibility with the latest version of traktor. also can you confirm that this mixer uses EXTERNAL mixing with traktor?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I've got the DNX 1700 and it works great. Jester has a 1600 I believe along with a few others. I use all four channels out to the mixer, external and route Channel D input to the recorder in Traktor. Works like a charm. I haven't used this mixer in internal midi mode for a long time but I can check if it works still, if you're interested.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

this is what i was looking for thanks

one more thing, can u still map the midi mappable buttins, while using external mixing?

Yes. It still passes audio when you switch to midi controls on the mixer, at least for the X1700.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Yes. It still passes audio when you switch to midi controls on the mixer, at least for the X1700.
    Same for the 1600

4 years in and still fucking badass
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Is it class compliant and will it work with dj player pro app for ipad? Same question for dnx 600.

Default Signed up just to reply to this one!

G'day all, I signed up to this forum purely because of this post.

I know you were interested in the MIDI part of the 1700, but I'm still using the DN x1500 (I got it the year it came out) and it's done me very well. I've lost all the plastic off the faders and the rubber off some of the rotarys but it's still going strong, audio-wise. I've added traktor along the way, particularly for when I'm mixing at home, not so much live anymore. The sampler has always alluded me but I've never really wanted to use it, the fx unit it good enough too, low/mid/high pass works very well, echo and delay are fine too but are fiddly compared with how people might expect the use them - I've liked to add external units over the years (303 groovebox or a dub delay unit, even a microKORG at one point) but to be honest over the years I've stripped back to 2 decks and the x1500 in a single road case for live (I pay with a live percussionist these days so that helps) because it can be a nightmare changing over everyone's different setups with laptops and controllers and whatnot all night. This way I rock up, either play on the house setup or I can drop my case right besides them and a single line into the main mixer.

Hope this helps!

Booyah.

http://djbooth.net/dj-equipment/review/denon-dn-x1500s

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Is it class compliant and will it work with dj player pro app for ipad? Same question for dnx 600.
    Yes, no drivers need for mac
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast