Trying to decide..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Trying to decide..

About to get a DDJ-SX2 and maybe you guys can help decide if I should go for Serato DJ or Rekordbox DJ version?
    I'm not a scratch dj but do alot of blends.

I'm coming from Traktor as well.

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by Dearell68; 09-14-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Rekordbox if you want to use presetup club CDJs....Serato if you like Serato....

There's really no good answer

Quote Originally Posted by dj_adm View Post
    There's really no good answer
    yeah, it's all preference really. I've used both and they aren't different enough to make it a big deal. If you can find a way to demo both, it might be worth a shot (demo stations at Guitar Center, etc.).

SX2 is also compatible with Serato AND Rekordbox while the RX is only compatible with Rekordbox. You'd still have to buy a Rekordbox license or subscription (or try the 30 day demo), but it does open you up to both.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the reply's!

Yea that SX2 has 2 versions one for Serato the other for RBDJ, that's why I'm like which one to get?!
    Last edited by Dearell68; 09-14-2016 at 07:41 PM.

RBDJ. Why use two pieces of software when you only need one?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

i would go with rekordbox. ive always thought the closer you are to the industry standard the better off youll be

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    i would go with rekordbox. ive always thought the closer you are to the industry standard the better off youll be
    In other news, some of the best most inventive and groundbreaking music and sound has come from people using whatever gear they had and using it in ways it wasn't initially intended or engineered for.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

^THIS. A thousand times this!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    In other news, some of the best most inventive and groundbreaking music and sound has come from people using whatever gear they had and using it in ways it wasn't initially intended or engineered for.
    I don't know if I believe you. I bet next you're going to tell me someone played the drum breaks of their parent's old soul and funk records and that made a new genre of music. Fat chance that'd happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    Since when did Rekordbox become the industry standard. I'd say serato held more of that title today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast