Problem with sound. i dont know what i can do anymore
    Tech Convert

Default Problem with sound. i dont know what i can do anymore

Sorry i write here but i didnt find a traktor session

In recent weeks I have a problem but the saturday became much larger. The problem is that there playing with traktor pro 2 sounds a tone as if we stepped loop 1/32. All the times he did for 5-10 miliseconds but saturday and lasted until 2seconds, so I can not work. The problem is that not always do so to test solutions.

My equipment is
    - Fujitsu siemens s760 (i5, 6gb ram, 250ssd)
    - Native instruments X1
    - Native instruments Z1
    - Original Traktor Pro 2 2.10.3
    - Original Windows 7
    - Original NI cables

So far I have checked the following:
    - I tried Malwarebytes and Spyhunder, and i dont have virus
    - I dont running background any antivirus or firewall
    - I have disable any updates
    - I optimize my laptop for djing
    - I clean the funs and i put new thermal paste and temp is 55-75

What else would you suggest I do? What do you think is most likely to blame?

PS If it helps to mention something I noticed. On Saturday while i am playing i recorded one set internal. At some moment it make the problem, I note the time, but after I heard the set had not recorded the problem. I mean the problem sound only in air

Tech Guru

55-75 is too hot for running a couple of tracks of audio. It should be running around 30-40.

I guarantee youve used too much thermal paste and/or the heatsink isnt seated right.

Look for spikes in the latency section of the Z1 control panel. That will help you to find out what is causing it.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    55-75 is too hot for running a couple of tracks of audio. It should be running around 30-40.

I guarantee youve used too much thermal paste and/or the heatsink isnt seated right.

Look for spikes in the latency section of the Z1 control panel. That will help you to find out what is causing it.
    No i searched and this temps is very good for this laptop. I mean temps in celcious.

What to you mean about latency? I tried with usb buffer 3 and latency 256-12ms, 512-17ms, 1024-23ms. The same problem.

The problem is, every change i do to try to fix, i must testing for 2-3 days. Is not something that i can test instantly to know if i fixed or not.

I want to try some things i hope to solve the problem. Can you suggest me with what order is best will try?

I will try:
    - Format and install again windows 7
    - Format and install again windows 10
    - Put z1 cable to other usb port
    - downgrade traktor to 2.6.8.
    - connect external supply to z1
    - i buy powered usb hub and connect everything there
    - i will try to play with my NI audio 6 as soundcard

What you thing of the above list is better to start to try?

Tech Guru

I just checked and you are right, this chip does run quite hot compared to others in its class.

If heat isnt the issue, then you need to find the cause by testing each component.

You dont need to reinstall windows, this just shows that you dont know how to actually solve the problem and you are just guessing.

Do a fresh install of traktor with no controllers. Use the default root directory, and do not import your collection.

Do a fresh install of the Z1 and drivers.

Load and analyse 100 tracks you have bought from legit sources that you know are uncorrupted.

Set those 100 tracks on cruise mode and wait to see if the lag occurs. If it doesnt, then start adding other pieces to the setup and testing one by one.

If its not your controllers or traktor configuration, then its likely a driver or service causing a real time latency spike which leads to dropouts. This is hard to troubleshoot technically if you dont have a lot of pc experience as it involves disabling services, drivers and editing the registry.

Heres something i just googled to get you started.

[REQUIRED] Check for DPC spikes indicating problematic device drivers or conflicts and resolve the problem(s)

If the audio output has intermittent glitches or crackles but the CPU load seems to be low, you must check your DPC latencies to see if there is any problem. Even if your real-time audio is fine, we recommend that you check your DPC latencies anyway to root any possible problem out.

If you have DPC latency issues, it means one (or more) of your device drivers introduces delays that interfere with real-time audio. Some drivers are faulty, others are just poorly coded, whatever the cause you must detect the problematic ones.

There is an excellent free 3rd-party tool called "DPC Latency Checker" and an explanation of the problem available on this page. Read the page, download the tool and execute it while the audio is running.

If your system is subject to this problem (indicated by yellow or red stripes when using the latency checker tool), first make sure you got the latest version of all your drivers (video, audio, network, usb controllers, any peripheral, etc) If the problem persists, you'll probably have to disable the faulty devices, at least when performing music.

To determine which devices are faulty without blind guessing you'll need a second free tool called "LatencyMon" and available here (note: this tool doesn't run under Windows 2k/XP) Run the tool alongside the audio application and mark all drivers which have a value superior to 1 in the "highest execution (ms)" column.

swap out the usb cables one at a time with good known working ones. I didn't see a sound card listed.

edit: duh z1

using a USB hub?
    Last edited by keithace; 09-22-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal