Controller djing boring - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

That's why I gravitated a bit more towards Serato starting off. Overall feel is a lot more organic.

I switched to Traktor to start working with mappings more and FX.
    Current - 4x CMD PL-1, 1x CMD MM-1, Focusrite Saffire 6, V-Moda M100s, HD25-1-II's, Traktor 2
    Past - Numark Mixtrack, NS6, NV, Serato DJ up to v1.8.1

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Not every track needs FX. Not every track needs to be eleven minutes long. Not every track needs to be a minute thirty.

You are the DJ...
    Boom!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Not every track needs FX. Not every track needs to be eleven minutes long. Not every track needs to be a minute thirty.

You are the DJ...

I think this post needs to be wreathed in smoke and have an echo somehow. Wise words 👌🏻😂

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Controller DJing can be boring and so can CDJs ... But when that happen CDJ won't let you get in to the mapping land and you are stick with a basic design

Tech Wizard

I never find making seamless and creative transitions boring, which along with picking the perfect tune for the moment is djing for me. I guess I just get bored when a computer is in control of a large part of that skill.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Than that is your style man. You can do exact same thing with a computer and DJ software and still call it creativity.

maybe if someone other than pioneer made a decent controller. honestly the mcx8000 and 7000 look fuego

Quote Originally Posted by DJ WadE View Post
    I never find making seamless and creative transitions boring, which along with picking the perfect tune for the moment is djing for me. I guess I just get bored when a computer is in control of a large part of that skill.
    What large part of the skill is the computer in charge of? beat matching? It's an arbitrary skill now.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

If you prefer beatmatching, you can always do that with a controller. I myself prefer vinyl and my DJM 900 NXS, and I've gone from a lot of effects to fairly minimal effects - perhaps because I've tired of the effects available on the 900. Everyone's their own person so go ahead and be your own person. Nothing wrong with preferences.

But the truth of the matter - even coming from me who prefers turntables, is that controllers give you a lot more power than a standard CDJ/turntable setup. It's just a matter of whether you like or want to use that additional power.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Deff depends on the controller your using.
    Comparing a mixtrack to CDJ's seems like youre comparing a nissan versa, to a BMWM3.
    Of course driving the M3 is going to be more exciting, its got more buttons and it pushes you to be more exciting with your driving style.

Same can be said for controllers. If you get a proper, well built controller, you can have just as much fun.
    But i will admit, there is something sexy about knowing that your mixer isnt connected to your Decks.
    Simplicity is Beautiful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast