Web Cam Midi Theramin VST
    Tech Convert

Default Web Cam Midi Theramin VST

So I have been experimenting with a bunch of alternative midi controllers. This one is a webcam theramin that you load your vst into. I have a version with just a oscillator like a real theramin but i though it would be cooler to be able to use a modern virtual synth / VST.

Basically there are 3 slots for vst so you can use three different virtual synths. In different octave ranges. This program uses the average RGB mean to play midi notes. It acts like a light sensor.

Try and use your dimmer switch to control the music its fun. Or switch the lights on and off to see the difference.

Wave your hand at the webcam to change the notes.

I have a even built a motion tracking vst midi controller that i will upload soon. That one tracks color movement. Im also working on a jesture recognition application. More to translate sign languge to speech but I will apply to music like I do everything.

http://cordova.asap.um.maine.edu/~oc...23/page23.html

Thats a pretty nifty idea, i cant see myself using it in a life set but it looks like a bit of good fun nice work.

Tech Convert

It takes some getting used 2 as far as hitting actual notes. Its more of an installation kind of piece than a live set sort of thing but if you can get it to work in a live set that's great. just remember its light sensitive so take that into consideration when getting ready for a live set. I think it sounds better in low light so it should be cool in a club environment. Aim a laser at the camera see what happens. lol