PD Model 1 - Whos got it or getting it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default PD Model 1 - Whos got it or getting it?

Curious if anyone here is taking the plunge and forking over a small fortune for the Model 1?

I've got one on order and pretty excited to get it integrated into my studio workflow. It is definitely a steep price ($5K CAD) and took some serious consideration.

Anyone else going for it?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Nice! Let us know your impressions once you get your hands on it

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Nice! Let us know your impressions once you get your hands on it
    Will do! ...in 1 to 3 weeks according to the invoice.

the 1%

No i considered it but its not only the Model 1 but also a decent interface and external effects, so to much investment for me considering what it will bring, i don't believe its worth the difference to my DB4
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    the 1%
    If you're referring to market share then I think you're being a bit too generous.

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    No i considered it but its not only the Model 1 but also a decent interface and external effects, so to much investment for me considering what it will bring, i don't believe its worth the difference to my DB4
    Sure I get that. I just sold off my DB4. Loved that mixer but I loved the 92 more and the M1 makes more sense for me.

yeah same, i would choose my db4 over the model1 anyday..

i would love to play around with a decent setup with the M1, we should have had a demo by Richie here in rotterdam but it was canceled i saw and heard it up close at awakenings festival as i was back stage but that's not really the same as getting a hands on experience, maybe after a thorough test i would decide otherwise.
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mishka View Post
    yeah same, i would choose my db4 over the model1 anyday..
    Understood. I loved the DB4 for everything it offered and would have liked to keep it but, needed the additional funds to fill the gap for the M1.

I just got the UPS notification that it is on its way. Hopefully have it by end of this week or early next...

Tech Convert

All set up!

Received it on Thursday and still owed another $700 to UPS! So... Its... a mixer. That was my first thought. Looks solid and it meets the quality I expected from an A&H product. My second thought... "Did I really just spend this much on a mixer?"

Turns out I did. But I suppose we pay a premium price for premium products all the time. Well, its a straight up analog mixer and what you see is what it is. I love the new EQ system with Hi/Lo filters and the sculpt EQ. I really liked the filter EQ setting on the DB4 but, it still needed something -> sculpt EQ. The drive feature, 3 aux, 6+2 inputs, and the master filter and EQ are what sold me on it. In many ways this mixer combines parts of the 62 with the 92 and takes a little bit further.

I've had 4 or 5 hours of alone time with it and really enjoying. I would recommend to anyone ready to spend a couple pay cheques on a DJ mixer. Whether its worth it is subjective. I'm happy with it.

Recorded this last night while trying out some new material.

Last edited by JAP0; 10-15-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast