Dj mixes vs. Copyrights
    Tech Convert

Default Dj mixes vs. Copyrights

Hello All !

Great to see quite some mixes here for download !

I'd like to know how to publish my mixes without harming the copyrights. I guess it make a difference if it's offered for download of to stream only (?)

Do you guys publish your mixes in your own youtube channel too? I'd like to do so but I'm not sure about the copyright situation either.

Thanks for your answers in advance !

You can contact the individual labels and artists involved, pay a fee to clear the all the tracks you use. Or, just take your chances like 99.9 % of mixes out there. Not worth stressing about mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I look at it like this, when I put a mix up i have paid for those tunes, and then i add a playlist and actively promote someone i don't personally know after paying money to own his/her tune

so that gives me the right to stick a mix up, on top of this people are now sending me promo's material that's been released and not released, even though they give me it free, I always make sure they are happy for me to stick it in a mix, more the unsigned stuff, but I ask as it's common courtesy and they gave me it free.

imho the line between copyright and dj mixes has been going on for a very long time, i used to give out mix cassettes no one tried pulling me up then and they aren't trying now, as Jester said just go for it

Tech Convert

I see i t like this:
    By buying the tracks, I get the right to play them in a private environment, not for playing them to a crowd or offer them to download.

Handing out Mixtapes does not reach a big community as publishing downloadable mix, therefore I wouldn't consider it the same thing...

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for a "bedroom-dj" to publish his/her mixes and meet all copyrights but I'm willing to try to meet the current laws.
    I don't see record companies easing up on copyrights in the future, so I think that's something everybody working with music has to consider.

Tech Convert

just pull a Greg Gillis dude...
    Love my keys
    ==========
    .delo
    California SoundByte Collective