Bypass my digital mixer soundcard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oneandonlyedwin

Default Bypass my digital mixer soundcard

Hello eveyone
    I'm new here.
    I have a setup wherein ive connected my cdjs to my DJM800. And that is connect3d to my Yamaha's.Everything is cool uptill here except for one thing.
    Even a FLAC file sounds average because of the retarded souncard in my DJM800.

Wanted to know if i could bypass the mixer soundcard if i connected an external Audio interface to it.

Not sure if this could happen.
    And if it can happen, HOW DO I DO IT?
    Help ! ! ! !

(P.S - I dont use a laptop)

You mixer doesn't have a soundcard. Even if it did it would still not the affect the sound coming from the CDJ's.
    What you can do is connect the mixer's master digital output with a external DAC unit and then into amp/speakers, bypasing the digital to analog conversion inside the mixer.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Slay is spot on, your mixer doesn't have an audio interface and using a digital connection is probably the best way to hook these up. Make sure you use balanced cables from the mixer to your monitors as well in case you are getting some external interference or unwanted noise.

oneandonlyedwin

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You mixer doesn't have a soundcard. Even if it did it would still not the affect the sound coming from the CDJ's.
    What you can do is connect the mixer's master digital output with a external DAC unit and then into amp/speakers, bypasing the digital to analog conversion inside the mixer.
    That worked !!!!

Plugged in an XLR to XLR from my Steinberg audio Interface to the Master OUT in my mixer and then an RCA to RCA from the Audio interface to my speakers .
    Last edited by oneandonlyedwin; 10-07-2016 at 11:38 AM.

oneandonlyedwin

Just one more question.

If i happen to add a laptop to my setup for MIDI control from my mixer, how would that go as my Mixer doesn't have a USB MIDI functionality.
    So would it work if i purchase a MIDI to USB cable and have a direct connection from my mixer to laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonlyedwin View Post
    That worked !!!!

Plugged in an XLR to XLR from my Steinberg audio Interface to the Master OUT in my mixer and then an RCA to RCA from the Audio interface to my speakers .
    That's not what I told you could do. You just connected the analog master out from the mixer, through your audio interface, to the speakers. Your audio interface just "coloured" the sound a little (and probably degraded it a little).

You probably could use 5pin midi to usb cable but why? Just buy a X1 or similar controller.
    Last edited by SlayForMoney; 10-07-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

You probably could use 5pin midi to usb cable but why? Just buy a X1 or similar controller.
    Not to mention you'd probably have to add an audio card into the mix too. Seems like a waste of a DJM-800 if you ask me.

oneandonlyedwin

That's not what I told you could do. You just connected the analog master out from the mixer, through your audio interface, to the speakers. Your audio interface just "coloured" the sound a little (and probably degraded it a little).

The one in red is where i've connected.

DJM-800_back.jpg

The red is where i've connected right now.
    I could have used the 'RCA out' from my mixer but my audio interface doesn't have RCA inputs. What do i do ?
    It only has RCA outputs from where i'm connecting my monitors.

Which Steinberg you have?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The one in red is where i've connected.

The red is where i've connected right now.
    That ain't digital mate. The Digital Output is the one marked "DIGITAL OUT" you then connect that to a decent external DAC with digital-in and the DAC outputs to your speakers. This will give you the "best" sound from the mixer.

By using the ones marked in red however, you are using a better balanced signal to your Soundcard which will reduce noise and probably run louder, I'm guessing thats whats giving you the "enhancement".

I could have used the 'RCA out' from my mixer but my audio interface doesn't have RCA inputs. What do i do ?
    It only has RCA outputs from where i'm connecting my monitors.
    Buy some converters if you need to go from XLR>RCA or vice versa

Look at a different mixer if you are seriously looking at adding a laptop and midi control.
    Last edited by deevey; 10-08-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast