Online DJ Stores Phasing Out Traktor Products
    Tech Wizard

Default Online DJ Stores Phasing Out Traktor Products

So I called AGI Pro DJ. My favorite online DJ store. I wanted to order some traktor stuff. Sales rep mentioned they were phasing out traktor. I said I'm trying figure out what direction they are going in. Sales rep "when you figure it out let me know."

I mean this is Native Instruments. Is this normal?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Traktor sales aren't as strong as they used to in the past few years and they are probably having a hard moving their devices compared to say Pioneer kit but in my opinion they are being a bit dramatic, they still sell. Maybe they aren't getting the right price they need or something else, who knows.

Either way, we aren't planning on ditching NI anytime soon at the DJTT store so if If you have any questions in general or would like a nice deal hit me up at matias@djtechtools.com . I'd love to be your go-to guy when it comes to gear =)

Edit: Just confirmed, they are dropping ALL Native Instruments gear once they run out. There's definitively something going on between them that didn't end the right way.
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-10-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Traktor sales aren't as strong as they used to in the past few years and they are probably having a hard moving their devices compared to say Pioneer kit but in my opinion they are being a bit dramatic, they still sell. Maybe they aren't getting the right price they need or something else, who knows.

Either way, we aren't planning on ditching NI anytime soon at the DJTT store so if If you have any questions in general or would like a nice deal hit me up at matias@djtechtools.com . I'd love to be your go-to guy when it comes to gear =)

Edit: Just confirmed, they are dropping ALL Native Instruments gear once they run out. There's definitively something going on between them that didn't end the right way.
    You think Pioneer are hurting NI sales for Traktor? What do you think is going on with Traktor?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

We talked to NI and it's just AGI not being able to sustain the margins, everyone else is doing fine with them. It's no secret Pioneer controllers are popular but they aren't popular enough to make Traktor and NI kick the bucket.

Long story short, no need to worry about Traktor's future.

Tech Mentor

Interesting.

Must be an internal problem with AGI, perhaps their subset of customers are not traktor users, or maybe AGI broke MAP and NI just cut them off.

NI has a very strong web presence. I suspect that AGI are not being good partners.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Foreshadowing.

DJs have been complaint about Traktor to no avail.

Hopefully they integrate a streaming feature soon.