IDA UK show category champ, much love to DJTT for all the years of inspiration!

Default IDA UK show category champ, much love to DJTT for all the years of inspiration!

I joined this forum way back in 2008 and since then the blog and forum has had a HUGE influence on my approach to the digital dj thing. In all honesty I was never a big contributor to the forum, I spent most of my time getting in to arguments with trolls on ditt blog posts attempting to defend/shed light on the awesomeness, but thanks to all the inspiring tutorials from this website I owe a great deal to the blog with how I use Traktor - custom midi mappings, fx etc...

Pre 2008 I was an out and out nerdy scratch dj type, but seeing Eans early tutorials is what led me towards choosing Traktor over its then far more popular rival SSL. Going digital was made infinitely less painful thanks to DJTT, I started to create my own mappings and workflows which IMO led to be a core foundation for my recent national IDA battle win.

Over the past two years I've been performing one man band style showcase routines at UK turntablist events, its fair to say I'm one of very few at these events who combines turntablism and controllerism at the level that makes the most out of digital dj'ing. The freedom that Traktor features like rmx decks, fx and custom mapping is key to how I build my routines and its hard to imagine I'd be using these features at a decent level if it wasn't for the techtools community

Below is the video of my show category winning set.

For those in the dark about IDA (formerly ITF), its an alternative world dj championships to DMC. IDA is hugely respected event within the turntablist community, instead of DMC style of an all out turntablism technique battle, IDA has 3 different categories, Technical = head to head all out skill style which is very similar to DMC supremacy battle. The scratch battle is based online and the show category = live performing/creating songs via dj equipment, as long as you have one turntable and a mixer, any other equipment is allowed in the Show category be it keyboards, controllers etc... my weapons of choice Vestax PDX3000, Z2, MF3D (in F1 mode) and a custom mapped MF Twister.

I never actually intended to enter IDA this year, got persuaded by mates as I had a few routines ready to go. Pretty chuffed to be a national champ in art form I love but the real work now begins as I prepare to rep UK & Ireland in the world finals this december
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 10-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Congrats, mate!

Is that The Station in Bristol???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Cheers dudes

Patch - well spotted that man! Uk beatbox finals was also on at the same time at the station, really dope day tbh, crazy talented kids in that scene!