Traktor scratch, with one Turntable?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor scratch, with one Turntable?

hi,
    can Traktor scratch be controlled with one Turntable only?
    thanks
    -dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.
    Dj software - TraktorDj 3.3 - Traktor Scratch 1.2

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It can, but you're going to have to be switching which deck that turntable is controlling, and the location of the needle could throw things off. You'd have to run it in Absolute MOde (I think... whichever one doesn't care where the needle is) and set hotkeys/MIDI to switch which side it's controlling.

I'm sure there would be some sort of issue with it as you switch back and forth, but only one way to find out.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

thanks for the answer DvlsAdvct, just bought my first turntable and before i buy Traktor Scratch i thought i ll ask to see what i need more to set up.
    -dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.

Might be ending up to do the same, if all goes well.

It has to deal with coupling deck a to your Turntable.

After beatmatching is done, and new record has taken over, copy deck a to deck b, and smoothly transition crossfader from deck a to deck b.

Repeat these step for the following records you throw in.
    Last edited by tekki; 09-02-2008 at 10:53 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tekki's advice is really good for that.

I, personally, think the second turntable would do you a world of good, but that's just me. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    You'd have to run it in Absolute MOde (I think... whichever one doesn't care where the needle is)
    You mean relative

Yeah, relative... I just set up my turntables again to make sure they work... but I always got those two confused... heh :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Tekki's advice is really good for that.

I, personally, think the second turntable would do you a world of good, but that's just me. :-)
    yes excellent advice with the ''copy deck a to deck b'' from Tekki , i need to save money to get a second turntable plus TS :eek:
    any suggestions on needles? i want to learn how to scratch also
    thanks for the advice guys
    -dIm-

Anytime.

Regarding the needles:
    Since you're using a TimeCode system, it will not matter if your needle is the best there is. It just needs to get the timecode signal from the vinyl to your PC.

Almost any needle will do. I probably would go for the Stanton 500ALMkIII cartridge and needle.
    A surefire needle with great quality, won't skip that easy and won't blow your bankaccount to smithereens.

By the way, nice setup, with the Numark TT500 and even cooler, the Nuo4! Wow!
    Last edited by tekki; 09-02-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post

By the way, nice setup, with the Numark TT500 and even cooler, the Nuo4! Wow!
    Yes Nuo4 is a cool mixer but i gave up on their support team, in order for it to change its midi Banks from a A to B you need to press a Button for 3 seconds.. those 3 seconds seem an hour if you start going back and forward during mixing, ive ask if it could be changed on their old forum and they even had a poll asking if people want that as an option but it never happened other than that very nice mixer... i havent tryied yet the tt500 it works but
    i just bought the needles you suchested they need to arrive and after i need to get TS when and if i have money . ill borrow some record from a friend and check it out it looks cool and had good reviews
    -dIm-