Denon DN-X1700 not seen by new version of Traktor. Denon forums down or gone. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Thanks for the link Slay. I've been so busy that I haven't had much practice time and upgraded to Sierra a couple weeks back without really thinking about it even though I usually wait a while. I've got a couple big Halloween shows tonight and tomorrow and wanted to get some practice time in last night when I realized it wasn't working. I guess I'll be reverting back to El Cap tomorrow and waiting until they update the drivers before upgrading to Sierra again.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    I mailed with Denon support and they say the're working on it though
    6/7 years old mixers that were discontinued over a year ago...if they do bring a driver/firmware update for Sierra OS you should tattoo their logo
    They probably have a new product line ready for 2017, it wouldn't make sense to prolong their lifecycle. On the other hand, they maybe decide that the old mixer line wouldn't jeopardise the new one because the current one doesn't work with serato....keep your fingers crossed

But I wouldn't bet on it IMO
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by RussellG View Post
    ..and waiting until they update the drivers before upgrading to Sierra again.
    I wouldn't bet on it.

Yhea I know, they are still being sold by all major retailers (in the Netherlands at least) though so that might give them some incentive to do it.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I just got off the phone with Denon Support. They will NOT be updating any firmware for the X1700, X1600, SC2900 & SC3900 for use with Sierra. Their site claims that the SC3900 & 2900 are supported with the use of engine BUT that means networking them and not being able to use the internal sound card via usb. This renders these products essentially useless if you upgrade to Sierra. I'm keeping my DJ laptop at Yosemite. I upgraded my daily use laptop to Sierra, so I guess Denon products will fade off into the sunset when my DJ computer finally bites the dust.. Such a bummer as their mixers are really nice.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    not being able to use the internal sound card via usb.
    Who does that? No, really - if you use Hybrid midi mode you need NI or Rane interfaces anyway.
    You could use them in such way with Traktor/VDJ if you use midi mode but you can replace that with any (99$ Audio 2 mk2) interface that has 2ch output.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Who does that? No, really - if you use Hybrid midi mode you need NI or Rane interfaces anyway.
    You could use them in such way with Traktor/VDJ if you use midi mode but you can replace that with any (99$ Audio 2 mk2) interface that has 2ch output.
    I don't mix internally, I mix externally on the X1700. I use it's four channel soundcard (Traktor Certified BTW).
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Bizarre response.

Tech Mentor

6/7 years old mixers that were discontinued over a year ago...if they do bring a driver/firmware update for Sierra OS you should tattoo their logo
    They probably have a new product line ready for 2017, it wouldn't make sense to prolong their lifecycle. On the other hand, they maybe decide that the old mixer line wouldn't jeopardise the new one because the current one doesn't work with serato....keep your fingers crossed

But I wouldn't bet on it IMO
    Still a more sophisticated design than any other DJ mixer released. With InMusic now the owners, I find it unlikely they'll attempt to duplicate that achievement, let alone try and top it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I don't mix internally, I mix externally on the X1700. I use it's four channel soundcard (Traktor Certified BTW).
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Bizarre response.
    I'm referring to the SC2900 and Sc3900, not the mixers.

And I had too many beers last night, don't expect too much from me
    Last edited by SlayForMoney; 11-05-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast