URGENT HELP NEEDED: Xone DB4/XoneK2/Traktor..trouble with new macbook, gig in 2 days!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED: Xone DB4/XoneK2/Traktor..trouble with new macbook, gig in 2 days!

Guys i'm in panic mode!

My previous setup was rock solid: MacBook Pro early 2011 (USB 2 slots), OS 10.8.4, Traktor Pro 2.6.8, DB4 driver 3.2.2, class compliant Xone K2 with custom mapping for 2 deck and fx controls, DB4 used as sound card and mixer.

The 2011 macbook started acting up recently, restarting randomly etc. Haven't gigged in 2 weeks so not sure if it will do the same with Traktor during a long set, (5-6 hrs typical).

So, i got a mint condition late 2013 macbook pro with USB 3 slots, came with 10.11.6, installed latest DB4 drivers and latest version of Traktor. All seems fine but Xone K2, which i use via X-Link does not work at all.

Apparently the latest DB4 driver and audio firmware fixes issues with USB3. It seems Xone K2 is not entirely compatible with 10.11.6. Thinking of rolling down to 10.9, because it may be as far as i can roll back on this machine.

If anyone can recommend stable setup configurations of the gear and models i have mentioned, i would be really really grateful. I have a huge gig coming next weekend and i really need my gear to work without trouble.
    Please advice!

Thanks
    Faisal

ARe you using the k2 in latching layers mode ?
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

Dear ragverp, thank you so much for your reply!
    I am not using layers on the K2, just one page.

Update: I updated the DB4 firmware, Audio device firmware and ofcourse had the latest driver installed.
    On the A&H site, they "claim" that when using the K2 via X-Link, the performance is not affected due to El Capitan, which the K2 does not support other than in X-Link. WRONG!! The DB4 was working fine as far as audio interface was concerned but the K2 was dead.

Then another disaster happened: I tried hooking the gear back to my old macbook running 10.8.4 and the DB4 would not work.
    I then downgraded the driver, firmware and audio device firmware and still the DB4 would not work. Please keep in mind that i have used this setup "MacBook Pro early 2011 (USB 2 slots), OS 10.8.4, Traktor Pro 2.6.8, DB4 driver 3.2.2, class compliant Xone K2 with custom mapping for 2 deck and fx controls, DB4 used as sound card and mixer" flawlessly for 2 years.
    Now it wont work on either of my machines and i am literally freaking out as i have such a huge gig this saturday night!
    The Xone forums have not had a posting since 2014! i simply cant find any help with my issue.

Now on my older system, if i choose the DB4 as an output device all audio programs just hang. This includes simply playing music off my laptop. Same experience with Ableton Live.

i am lost! If anyone can offer help, i will be very very grateful....
    So bummed out.

Ill dive in to it later but in the mean time, there was a new xone forum but a few months ago they closed it, try making a support ticket, the guys at a&h are quick in responding so it should get you some help.

Do you see the xone in the db4 menu xlink pairing ? i had some troubles with the k2 connecting due to a bend pin in the rj45 port on the db4
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

Thank you Ragverp. Yes, it would be great to have an active Xone forum. Its frustrating to see the last posts were from 2014. But it also gives me hope that all driver issues have perhaps been sorted, as i have not seen any anyone complain recently!

I will try a different X-Link cable as well.

If the K2 does not support El Capitan, i can roll back the OS on my new machine till 10.9. It would be awesome to get confirmation about which OS the DB4 drivers work best with. Also, i hope the USB 3 issues have been sorted. As mentioned in my post, the USB3, El Capitan with new DB4 drivers did work just fine, but i only tested for about 10 minutes and started looking for ways to get the K2 working.
    Yes the DB4 says X-Link connected on its screen.

I just don't understand why the new drivers broke my already working older system..... even rolling back to older firmwares and drivers didn't work.

What OS and system are you using Ragverp ?
    Thank you so much for your help!

Tech Mentor

Yes, i have created a support ticket.
    I will see the RJ45 ports and cable as well. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post
    Thank you Ragverp. Yes, it would be great to have an active Xone forum. Its frustrating to see the last posts were from 2014. But it also gives me hope that all driver issues have perhaps been sorted, as i have not seen any anyone complain recently!

If the K2 does not support El Capitan, i can roll back the OS on my new machine till 10.9. It would be awesome to get confirmation about which OS the DB4 drivers work best with. Also, i hope the USB 3 issues have been sorted. As mentioned in my post, the USB3, El Capitan with new DB4 drivers did work just fine, but i only tested for about 10 minutes and started looking for ways to get the K2 working.

I just don't understand why the new drivers broke my already working older system..... even rolling back to older firmwares and drivers didn't work.

Try updating to Sierra. A lot of issues were fixed (though some new ones appeared).
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Mentor

The DB4 doesn't have Sierra drivers yet, even though the K2 is supported.
    Can someone please tell me how to un-install the DB4 mac drivers ? I would like remove the driver completely and then re-install. Over writing the drivers may have broken something.

After 10.8, which other OS was the DB4 stable with ? Especially on Retina USB3 port macbook pro's ?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post

I am running a windows based computer with windows 10, so completely different. But you say there is no life in the K2 at all ? does it lite up any lights ? does it send midi at all ? can you use the k2 with the looper functions of the db4 ? can you hook it up via usb to see if that makes any difference ...
    Is it on the right midi channel ? if the db4 and the k2 are on the same channel you will get conflicts
    Last edited by ragverp; 10-31-2016 at 07:35 AM.
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

The K2 works just fine with USB and the midi channel is not the same as the DB4. This is on my older system though as USB functionality with OS 10.11 El Capitan is not supported.

But, via X-Link, it now does not work on any system and the DB4 itself also does not work, even though it shows up as a device.
    I am about to do a fresh install of OS10.8 on my older system and see if i can get everything to work as it used to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast