What do you think about Gemini MDJ-1000? - Page 21
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 201 to 209 of 209
  1. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    Hah hah hah. The Libyan guy in the house literally goes and kills a goat or sheep like every other month at a farm outside of Dayton. I should hit him up for that. Wonder if they released 6.6.6 on Friday the 13th... or maybe during the blood moon.

  2. #202
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    I keep picturing a DJ version of Metalocalypse where a group of satan worshipping gabber DJs attempt to open a portal to hell at their events.
    This is literally Gabberfest every year. Why do you think we go?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

  3. #203
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    This is literally Gabberfest every year. Why do you think we go?
    Unfortunately, one of the DJs slipped in a happy hardcore song and accidentally summoned a glittery unicorn that shot pink lasers from it's eyes.

    EDIT - his name was Pinky.

  4. #204
    Tech Guru the_bastet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Unfortunately, one of the DJs slipped in a happy hardcore song and accidentally summoned a glittery unicorn that shot pink lasers from it's eyes.

    EDIT - his name was Pinky.
    Silly Flapjack and playing his happy hardcore.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

  5. #205
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    255

    Default

    In the three years since release and two years that I've had these, the software and hardware have been improved. I've stuck with them and kept providing feedback and advice. You're welcome! Still not perfect, but it is getting useable with patience & care (cues still a little) and not touching those arrow keys. We now have the ability to choose which drive is Linked, even though it's finicky, and analysis off and NTFS read-only is working well. Lots of options. Latest hardware build is also better and button double presses (and wrong presses on hot cues?) should be a thing of the past on new units. If Amazon would allow, I would add another star at this point.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 11-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    End the reign of the House of Saud.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2012/...robert-zubrin/

  6. #206
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    255

    Default

    I presume all further development on the MDJ line has ceased. Unfortunately there is zero communication from the company on them anymore and no later firmwares. Still a substantial number of hardware and software issues remaining. I do have some instructions under some of my YouTube videos for them on how to deal with some of the defects and painfully & patiently get through long sets on them in standalone mode.

    FYI, Amazon changed the URL for the original product listing which now hides my review from their search engine. They're now calling the MDJ a discontinued power amplifier. They're now on their third "public" product listing iteration for it. Clever. They've also gone through and deleted a substantial number of my other reviews, including another one for the MDJ that I put on the second listing iteration.

    https://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Power-...ustomerReviews
    Last edited by Reticuli; 05-06-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    End the reign of the House of Saud.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2012/...robert-zubrin/

  7. #207
    Tech Guru deevey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    I presume all further development on the MDJ line has ceased. Unfortunately there is zero communication from the company on them anymore and no later firmwares. Still a substantial number of hardware and software issues remaining. I do have some instructions under some of my YouTube videos for them on how to deal with some of the defects and painfully & patiently get through long sets on them in standalone mode.

    FYI, Amazon changed the URL for the original product listing which now hides my review from their search engine. They're now calling the MDJ a discontinued power amplifier. They're now on their third "public" product listing iteration for it. Clever. They've also gone through and deleted a substantial number of my other reviews, including another one for the MDJ that I put on the second listing iteration.

    https://www.amazon.com/Gemini-Power-...ustomerReviews
    Amazon seem to be on a Role with removing reviews recently, all of mine over the course of the past 10 years have been taken down and none of them were bad, none were sponsored and none of them scathing.

  8. #208
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I recently saw one at a second hand store for $30. I'm glad I didn't pick it up after reading some of this.

  9. #209
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sol*los View Post
    I recently saw one at a second hand store for $30. I'm glad I didn't pick it up after reading some of this.
    I could actually use another for parts. One of mine Gemini actually repaired now already has a useless tension knob and intermittent USB A drive-reading port. The jog bend on them is amazing enough to be worth occassional mixing on them even with the horrendous problems. They also impressively see every folder on a drive, unlike the Pioneer CDJ-900, and have NTFS read-only support, unlike the Pioneers and the new Denons. If they weren't so fragile, had so much hardware issues early on, and software issues even now, they could be a contender. I mean, in this state as standalone players I'd never have other people play on them at a show or want to use them live myself in a situation where I'm being paid much, but they finally got some things right. So close to the finish line. Really a shame.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 05-08-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    End the reign of the House of Saud.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2012/...robert-zubrin/

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •