invert Midi Fighter 3d note/bank buttons so that usb plugs in on top?
    Tech Student

Default invert Midi Fighter 3d note/bank buttons so that usb plugs in on top?

Does anyone know how (or know of any custom firmware) to invert/flip the button values on a 3D so that it can be used upside down? I never loved the fact that the cable plugged in on the bottom, but now that I have a twister it makes me nuts. I can see the logic in it if you are picking it up and waving it around a lot, but in the studio i don't really use the motion much at all.

I really want a way to set it up so that the cable plugs in at the top, the bank buttons are on the bottom (closest to me), and that everything is reversed. so what used to be bank 4 button is now 1, C1 is now where D#2 is, etc. It really seems like the MF Utility should allow for setting note values. Every other controller editor software I have used (NI Controller editor comes to mind but there are tons of others) allows for changing these values.

Thanks!

I second this, I would love a quick "invert" mode somewhere

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Sadly no way to do it natively and the device isn't open source so don't expect any unofficial ones. That said, it's part of the MFU's wishlist so hopefully it gets implemented soon enough.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Sadly no way to do it natively and the device isn't open source so don't expect any unofficial ones. That said, it's part of the MFU's wishlist so hopefully it gets implemented soon enough.
    These "little" things make the difference between "ok" and "really great" - the Midifighters have many such little things that do work, but there are still some missing. Its good that there is a wishlist and that DJTT is working on it (I just wish things would be updated a bit faster).

Back on topic:
    There is a way to invert any MF (e.g. I'm using the twister upside down), but its not quick and easy. There are programs like ControllerMate (thats for Mac, but Windows has something similar) which can catch every midi command and send a different one instead. It would take some time and a little effort, but than you can use your MF in every way you want.

Default bumping for relevance

Hey, I would also love if this invert option became a thing. I know there are simple mapping workarounds, but I agree., this is mildly upsetting that the plugs for my Twister and 3D are in opposite sides. Hoping that continuing the conversation here might give the issue more visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardiff View Post
    Hey, I would also love if this invert option became a thing. I know there are simple mapping workarounds, but I agree., this is mildly upsetting that the plugs for my Twister and 3D are in opposite sides. Hoping that continuing the conversation here might give the issue more visibility.
    If you're in Ableton universe, there's a Max4Live plugin that does just this:
    https://maxforlive.com/library/devic...ter-3d-flipper

Which is clearly of no use at all if you're not on Ableton