MIK 8 vs Rekordbox for Pioneer
    Tech Convert

Default MIK 8 vs Rekordbox for Pioneer

Hi,

My current setup..

Mac Mini i7
    Pioneer DDJ-RB Controller
    Rekordbox DJ

I have seen the new Mixed in Key 8 and was wondering if this offers any advantage over Rekordbox's built in key detection?
    I am planning on going from this controller to CDJ's at some point so would want it all working with them.
    One thing I do like in MIK is that you have the wheel to reference from and also you can check the energy of the songs and build the playlist up accordingly.

Matt

Tech Guru

MIK is more precise than Rekordbox's built in key detection and it's more precise than any key detection software.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    MIK is more precise than Rekordbox's built in key detection and it's more precise than any key detection software.
    That sums it up.

*Thread closed*

Tech Convert

Okie DOkie! Just bought it. Looks good. Just going to start importing my music!

Matt

I wish MIK would implement being able to create hot cues and update the hotcues for all three of my databses (Traktor, RekordBoxDJ, and Serato). Still waiting on RekordBuddy PC. :-(
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6