DB4/K2/Sierra/Trak Pro 2.11 -- All failed at gig!!! :( :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default DB4/K2/Sierra/Trak Pro 2.11 -- All failed at gig!!! :( :(

Long Story short:

Midway during my set K2 stopped responding. I unplugged it from X-Link and Plugged it into Midi. Selected Midi Ports within Traktor Preferences to K2 and Traktor crashed immediately.

Upon relaunch, the DB4 would not show up at all. Re-Installed DB4 driver, plugged in K2 through USB. All well and started playing again.

25mins later, DB4 audio stopped. Disconnected USB and plugged it back in and all was well for another 30 mins and then DB4 crashed again and Traktor became unresponsive.

I asked the other guy to pass on his Kontrol S4, connected via USB and finished the gig.
    Very embarrassing and troublesome.

I'm on Macbook late 2014 with USB 3 slots running Sierra, TP2.11.0, latest DB4 driver.

Gonna get an older Macbook pro and revert to older DB4 driver, Mountain Lion and TP2.6.8 and probably stick to that till i probably sell the DB4, even though i think its a fantastic mixer!

Any advice ? Dont have gig for a few weeks, will test this rig out thoroughly and see what happens.
    Apparently using a USB2.0 hub helps.....

Tech Mentor

Bummer ......

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Perhaps worth checking is power saver option on your USB ports. If it's set to 30mins or so change the option to 'never'.

Tech Guru

Good thing to do it create a setup and test it. Test it for hours, let it rest there, that test it again. Test what happens when you plug something out, test what happens when you plug something in. Test whatever could happen in a real gig. Then if everything is working fine, stick to this setup and don't keep updating stuff if things are working.

The order that you plug stuff, the ports you plug them, anything can cause problem. Just test it.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

Lately I've been thinking of moving to CDJs, the chances of getting fucked there is lower.

Tech Mentor

Man i played on CDJ's for 9 years. I live in a country where there are no clubs, only an underground scene and carrying and especially flying with 2 CDJ's and a Xone 92 became annoying when i saw kids show up with controllers and a laptop!
    But really, on my previous machine the DB4/K2 combo was flawlessly stable!! Thats what makes me really sad.

Does anyone here have luck with USB 3 ? I can downgrade the OS but not the USB port

Have you thought about having a back up cheapish controller set up then? Z1 and an X1mk11 maybe? Cover your bases so you're not totally invested in Allen and Heath who, with the utmost respect, aren't always the fastest to update drivers etc. No one company is perfect at it, i'm not suggesting that but, spreading your set up over two "brands" may be worth it. Also Z1 and X1mk2 is a great portable set up imo.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I don't have any problems with USB3, since:

Quote Originally Posted by stewe
    Perhaps worth checking is power saver option on your USB ports. If it's set to 30mins or so change the option to 'never'.
    ^This works!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I have a DB4 running at 88.2kHz sampling rate, latency in traktor (2.11) is at the lowest (64), over usb 3 with Sierra and every new update without any trouble

At 96kHz I encounter crackling sound like an old dirty record, sometimes even drop outs.
    Maybe you could try at 44.1kHz (cd quality) in public for maximum stability
    Emaceratus ? Oh, you mean Hipster Kitty.

I work in a shop as "setup guy", so i test and set every setup djs submit to my attention. I have personally 3 K2 running into a single usb 2.0 on Yosemite 10.10.5 and never had a problem for years. I used Lion 10.7.5 and Yosemite 10.10.5 bypassing all the rest. What I can tell you that today if you want use A&H gear the best OS is Lion/Mountain Lion/ Yosemite. From El Capitan K2 starting to Have issues, for example with El capitan every time you connect a K2 you have to do a MIDI scan in your MIDI Preferences in order to let Traktor see the K2. I think the problem is, also for you, as the other 20 people that came to my shop, Sierra and the latest A&H's driver/firmware... So, feel free to use you 2014 MbPro, but proceed like this.

Save your Traktor Folder: Macintosh HD - Users - UserX- Documents - Native Instruments - Traktor Pro 2.11.0 (your latest version)

backup all your music and itunes library

Boot with a Usb drive with Yosemite , Utility disco- Initialize your SSD

Then do a fresh install of Yosemite 10.10.5

Replace all your file(music)in the same position they were.

Install traktor (DON'T OPEN IT)

Activate from service center

Then Copy the folder you backupped overwriting the newest ( Macintosh HD - Users - UserX- Documents - Native Instruments - Traktor Pro 2.XX.x (your latest version) N.B. UserX MUST BE WRITTEN as it was in the past es: "Jonathan" before-- jonathan now ... NO!!! "Jonathan" ... same case

Install A&H Driver for DB4

Open traktor,

Enjoy your new stable System!
    DiJ/Producer
    2 Xone K2 - Maschine - Traktor Pro 2.6.8 - Ableton Live 9 Push - Xone DB2 - MBP13 Late 2011 i7 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 "
    Ableton Live 9 Certificate User
    http://www.facebook.com/Effenem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast