Controllerism back to back with non-controllerism.. what's the best way?

Default Controllerism back to back with non-controllerism.. what's the best way?

Aiite peeps Belch here,
    Just a quick one which I'd love your thoughts on.
    How do you guys allow the next DJ to mix into your shit if you're DJing with a controller in the club?

maybe this is a full on noob question, but i'm interested in how you do it. I sometimes feel like i'm being looked down upon by some of the guys because i use a controller (naturally).. but I'm trying to think of the most convenient way to do this...

Tech Guru

if they are mixing in, leave your controller setup playing through the club mixer and let them beatmatch to the audio out with whatever they are mixing on.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

yeah best solution to this is a 3 or 4 channel mixer. If you find yourself with a 2 channel mixer, some of them have dual inputs for phono and line, and you can just flick a switch between them.

Tech Mentor

And yes they do look down on you because your using a toy in their opinion. This do a really sick/cool/wicked set of tricks just before they come on so they look boring compared to you.

I usually just do an outro/hard ending and let them start with a banger. *shrugs*
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Tech Guru

white noise!

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    white noise!
    I like that actually.. sounds cool.

Yeh, I think ending with a big one and letting them start seems good. I mean, I used to always really enjoy the transition - giving them something real difficult to mix into.

I once saw the guy before Eric Morillo (can't remember who it was) play 'Love is in the Air' in Pacha - and I don't know whether it was prepared or not - but he spent ages fiddling about and sifting through CDs (pity he wasn't running timecode..) and then brought in a massive banger in the last chorus, looping the words Love is in the Air and effecting it with an EFX-1000. Now that was a good transition totally off topic though..