Is this an OK setup? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    If you're hoping to host a Drum & Bass party, wouldn't you want to have actual DJs playing music rather than an iPod? Seems a bit like letting the passengers drive the bus... You're going to all this trouble to set up a PA system for 100 people (which isn't a small gathering) and just playing a playlist from your computer.
    It's to rent out, won't just be drum and bass but needs to handle drum and bass and to my understanding that is more demanding than just your average top 40 music, is that correct?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie12345 View Post
    It's to rent out, won't just be drum and bass but needs to handle drum and bass and to my understanding that is more demanding than just your average top 40 music, is that correct?
    Are you going to be babysitting the rig or renting it to folk as a take home package ?

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Are you going to be babysitting the rig or renting it to folk as a take home package ?
    Take home package which gives me a whole other issue of taking out the aux cord and voltage spikes

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie12345 View Post
    I've done some research and decided on some Mackie Thump 15's but then I found this which would be more suitable to playing drum and bass/the music I will be playing
    I think you have already decided against them but do not by the Mackie Trumps (intentional spelling).
    They don't 'Thump' - my wife thumps me harder. They have sold gazillion of these things on the name alone.

They clip and overheat in a heartbeat.

I've never had them but I know plenty that have (on other DJ groups).

If I were you I'd try to save a bit more and look at the FBT Xlite series maybe the 12a. You get much more for your money. 127spl compared to 121spl on the Alto 15a.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 12-12-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12