Updating playlists in Traktor

Default Updating playlists in Traktor

Im a new traktor user I just converted from Serato. I have my music organized as folders on my harddrive. I made playlists with the same name and just dragged the folders over. Is there a way when I add new music to my folder to drag it onto the playlist and just the new music is added?

There's a better way to do this.

Put ALL of your music in a single folder, but before you do, put the folder name/playlist name into the tags, and then set up Smart Playlists in iTunes based on those tags. Then, when you add new music, add the playlist name that you want that track to be part of in the tag, and the relevant Smart Playlist will be updated with that tune.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I'm a PC user. Ive heard itunes runs like a virus on PC. Can anyone chime in on this?

Yeah - that's utter rubbish, mate. You've been misinformed by someone that doesn't know what "preferences" are.

iTunes IS NOT a DJ Library Management Tool - BUT - you can strip it down to be JUST THAT (and a bloody good one, too).

I use iTunes EXCLUSIVELY for library management. Basically ALL of my information about my tracks lives in the actual music files, and iTunes is just the place where I manipulate that information.

I've often uninstalled iTunes/delete my iTunes Library and rebuilt my iTunes Library entirely - it is SO EASY TO Do with Dynamic (Smart) Playlists. This is possible because all of the information that iTunes needs to manage my library is held in the tracks.

It is worth the time reading up on it and becoming a bit of an iTunes ninja.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnblaze View Post
    Ive heard itunes runs like a virus on PC.
    People who say that are the same people that say they don't like The Beatles. They just protesting at something really popular for the sake of it.
    I can't add anything better than what Patch has said. Strip it back and use it as you like... you don't *have* to use the iTunes Store to buy 'Finding Dory'.

^He knows.

And, I WAS an iTunes hater for years - but then Smart Playlists reared their head and I've never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    People who say that are the same people that say they don't like The Beatles.
    Dude, I really don't like the Beatles...I gave them a Chance, listened over and over again and just don't like it (I didn't say I hate it...but there's a neutral Zone in between and I am positionned there) Now you make me just feel like a Hater which I do not consier to be.

"The Beatles" is a very broad brush - and you don't like ANY of their stuff???

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    Dude, I really don't like the Beatles...I gave them a Chance, listened over and over again and just don't like it (I didn't say I hate it...but there's a neutral Zone in between and I am positionned there) Now you make me just feel like a Hater which I do not consier to be.
    No dude, I get that, totally. Disliking is a far cry from 'hating'.
    I have mistrust of anyone that says they "hate" something that is so popular. I think people hate the idea of the Beatles more than the music.
    It's quite the fashionable 'thing' in the UK to say you hate the Beatles - it's like they are rebelling against something quintessentially English. A lot of British people are tools.

I think a lot of the Beatles backlash is actually "Britpop" backlash, you know?

A lot of young people see Liam Gallagher and think HE is a tool (he is, by the way!), so they disagree with him/Oasis as a form of rebellion. Oasis were MASSIVE fans of The Beatles, and disagreeing with the old guard is very trendy...