New to DVS from Traktor Pro.
    Tech Convert

Default New to DVS from Traktor Pro.

I got back into DJing because I saw a video Ean with the VESTAX VCI 100. I mediately flew to Japan and got one of these machines.

Well , I'm an old school DJ with 1200s and never liked having to use DVS in time code as compared to using real vinyl with real cartridges for that warm big analog sound.

So I saw these technics DZ 1200s and I did the Dz1200MKII mod. I'm pretty good at doing the mod and it makes for a DVS platter that feels really like my 1200 turntables. And it looks cool and is built like a tank, or 1200 .

But I'm at a loss of how to go from Traktor Pro 2 to a DVS. Do I buy an upgrade to Traktor Skratch? Like for the difference in price between Skratch and the regular Traktor pro?

Also how do I integrate my VCI-100 Arcade button version with the DVS so I end up with the two platters of my VESTAX working with the two platters of the Technics Dz-1200s?

I looked for some instructional thing on YouTube and couldn't find it.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Ears View Post
    But I'm at a loss of how to go from Traktor Pro 2 to a DVS. Do I buy an upgrade to Traktor Skratch? Like for the difference in price between Skratch and the regular Traktor pro?
    No, I don't think there is a special upgrade price available for just the owners of TP. You can buy the full TSP2 licence with timecode vinyl+cd here: https://www.native-instruments.com/e...-timecode-kit/ but that is only for owners of selected hardware and if you already have TP licence you will end up with 2 licences

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Ears View Post
    Also how do I integrate my VCI-100 Arcade button version with the DVS so I end up with the two platters of my VESTAX working with the two platters of the Technics Dz-1200s?

I looked for some instructional thing on YouTube and couldn't find it.
    By buying a NI Audio interface, either Audio 4, 6, 8 or 10 (Audio 2 interface won't work). If you buy a used interface without a TSP2 licence you can get it in the link before, new interfaces come with bundled TSP2 licence.

You will then connect both the VCI100 and interface with usb cable to your laptop but your turntables will go into inputs on the Audio 4/6/8/10 interface as will the headphones also. And you will change your interface under Traktor preferences, that way you will bypass the VCI interfaces and use it a strictly midi controller (you did not mention if your version of VCI-100 even has a interface built inside)

Or you can sell your VCI-100 and use DVS capable controller from Native Instruments like S4 or S8 where you just plug turntables into phono inputs on the back of it (S4 needs the TSP kit, S8 comes with TSP licence)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2