What will 2017 bring?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default What will 2017 bring?

Where is it all heading?

Software? hardware? Innovations? Sounds? Predictions? Wants? Break through DJs? What should go away?

*(please keep all pro/anti Donald Trump statements to yourself)

I'd like to see more smaller local organic parties that focus on house and techno. With the breakout of EDM over the last few years electronic music pulled in quite a few more fans that are interested in exploring the sound and culture of dance music. We need to show people that it's okay to dance again.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Traktor Z4/Z5 and a Traktor F2, perhaps with a soundcard equipped D2 (called a D4) for portable gig use, along with a Komplete/Maschine Z8 for live-performance mixing and possibly the introduction of a 4th NI division that focuses on the DAW side of things (Kore reborn?), with support for Komplete, Maschine and possible Traktor usability as plug-ins.

Tech Wizard

I get that Allen and Heaths speciality is analogue mixers and that but I want to see more midi controllers from Allen and Heath because they added the 'x link' witch is a good idea but there's only one (K1 and K2 have the same layout) controller to use it.

Zomo MC-2000
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Zomo MC-2000
    You fool. MC-1000mk2.

keithace, you've got a point there. new fans that are willing to explore new sounds. personally I would like to see a bigger push among the house genres because I see a bigger pickup with techno now. everyone's grandma is listening now to dixon, maceo plex, solomun, pan-pot, etc....
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I would like to be able to say "deep house" and "dubstep" again without having to explain to people that it's not the "deep house" and "dubstep" they're thinking of.

Tech Guru

In terms of sounds I think old school influenced DnB/Jungle and Broken Techno will be a bigger part of the 'underground' sound you hear at clubs and festivals. I have heard it more and more as the 'Deep House' and the dark/serious Berlin Techno sound becomes more and more played out.

In terms of technology, I think more hardware with software integrated directly into it will become more and more prevalent. Also DJ'ing with music from streaming services will start to become integrated further into more software.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

I want to be able to play vinyls on my cdjs, I want more scratching and less skipping, I want sunglasses with headphones, and I want to use the keys from my benz to drive my Lexus. No more cowbell, no more USB sticks, no more RGB cue pads and no more warehouse fires. More bass, less filter, no I tunes and bring back kangaroo shoes with the pockets. More Amd and less intel, less trap and more hip hop, more beans and less bullets, and way more hugs....
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    and way more hugs....
    amen...I'm on your team...
    Last edited by keithace; 12-21-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    amen...I'm on your team...
    Same

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast