xone DB4 vs Px5 Vs djm 900 nex
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default xone DB4 vs Px5 Vs djm 900 nex

hello everyone

I'm new to this forum so like some advice if possible please ?

I'm on the market for a new mixer ! at the moment i have a xdjrx and two 1210s I'm going to get a pair of xdj 1000 because i think 2000 nexus is over kill for home use and i don't use cds ! but I'm still deciding what mixer to get ! i play techno- tech house, i was 1st going to get a djm 900 new in a package deal with the xdjs but ive been doing some research and i think a xone is more suited to my style of music , i really do like the db4 seem like you can really mess with a song with it and so the new px5 ? I'm interested in good sound , filters and effect from a mixer !! can anyone who has used or owns give any advice please ?? thanks .

If I was buying new now I would forget Pioneer and buy an Allen & Heath something. I've actually got my eye on the PX5, although I have to admit to not knowing too much about either that or the DB4.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

The db4 is second to none when it comes to freaking out with a song, loop several parts on 4 channels, turn on the effects and create complete new songs..its possible, its got a bit of a learning time but after that its awesome.. the effect are all there and studio grade and its a sound card also if you would ever tend to produce or use traktor, the sound quality is among the best I ever heard, way better then de djm900 ...compared to the famous xone 92 the filters are not quit the same but in every way usable.. Same goes for the px5 but its lacking the looper function and the filtermode for the eq's something you might want to try and hear, i use it all the time. The px5 also has a aux out and in which is not on the db4...on my soundcloud you can listen to some of the mixes i made with the db4 for an idea of the quality...
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Convert

I used to have a DJM900NXS2 and it was an excellent mixer, had a lot of fun with it and don't think you can go wrong with it.

After I sold it I was considering the Xone PX5 because ooouuu analog and built in FX but the fact that it only had one Filter was a deal breaker for me

I've never used a DB4 but that thing is a beast and you need to really ask yourself are you like me who just mixes between tracks A & B or are you a 4 deck wizard because I think that's an important thing to consider before thinking about the DB4

thanks for the advise guys

from all the fishing around I've been doing it seems that you can't really go wrong with a Xone mixer ! i just think i will get bored of a djm 900 quick tbh, at the moment i think the db4 is the one i got my heart on the most !! thanks again for the input if anyone has any more advise please keep it coming !!

Tech Wizard

Definitely the best choice to go for a xone. If you really want to get creative and completely change a track then the DB4 is the one , because you can do lots of routing to make really cool layers of FX and filters. But if your just going to mix between songs and add a few FXs then the PX5 is what u want.

Tech Convert

Don't dismiss the strong arm steady of the xone 92
    I play a mix of both Digital (Traktor) on a set of D2's, as well with 2 tech1200's. Once I started to use a 4 band eq with House n Techno, I'll never want to step outa that. Just so much more flexible and smoother to do multi deck mixing without the it sounding like a muddy mess.

I have the DB4 & DJM900NXS2... go with the DB4, you can get a used one for a really good price & the performance, sound quality, & workflow dumps all over the Pioneer.... haven't tried the PX5 but at one point I was checking it out.

Thanks for the input everyone ! ! I went with the db4 in the end and so happy I did !! What a amazing bit of kit , just need to learn it in and out now 😂

I feel u! there's a TON to learn, but it's really fun! here's some video's that helped... also make sure to save your settings to a USB drive, I've updated firmware a couple times & they've gotten lost... it's a pain to have to re-do since there's so many options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast