Vestax VCI-100 not shipping anymore, new model coming?

Default Vestax VCI-100 not shipping anymore, new model coming?

Does anyone know why Vestax is not shipping the VCI-100 anymore. talked to a couple of suppliers today and they're saying Vestax is not shipping any more VCI's to them...?

is there a new model coming out, or what's the go??

maybe a vci-100 version 2.0...who knows
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

We are still getting VCI-100's shipped to us

Tech Guru

maybe these supliers are sold out and they can't compete with VCI-100 by Ean.
    It's a good news for DJTT Webstore

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

This happened last year in the UK cus Vestax didnt have a distributor and wouldnt ship direct to Stores.

This made them hugely valuable and were selling for shit loads on eBurglar.

Suddenly Vestax crumbled and shipped to stores and sold 8 trillion VCIs in 2 weeks (that part is an estimate).
    But they did lose about 6 months or more of VCI sales in UK over the period when Traktor Pro was released which gave the whole digital Dj thing a huge boost. So they lost a lot of income in UK back then just cus they fell out with the distributor .

Vestax are stooopid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Suddenly Vestax crumbled and shipped to stores and sold 8 trillion VCIs in 2 weeks (that part is an estimate).
    But they did lose about 6 months or more of VCI sales in UK over the period when Traktor Pro was released which gave the whole digital Dj thing a huge boost. So they lost a lot of income in UK back then just cus they fell out with the distributor .

Vestax are stooopid.
    I was following this quite closely despite the fact i don't live in the UK.

They didn't have a fallout with their distributor, their distributor went bust because of the economic crunch - so i think its a bit unfair to call Vestax stupid. It was completely unexpected and caught Vestax off guard which i think is quite understandable, no one saw that coming. It takes time to establish a new distributor, its not like its easily done. Also Vestax also made their units available directly so the stores could have just ordered directly off Vestax which Vestax was allowing at that stage if they wanted stock. So really in the end its the stores faults they wernt stocking the units as the units were availible to those stores that wanted them enough, it just wasn't as convenient for them because of the distributor going bust.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Seriously i phoned all major stores for nearly 4 months constantly.
    2 of the UKs major players knew me by my enquiry.
    All stores said that for the period that the distributor was absent Vestax plain said no to shipping direct.

The guy from Dolphin in Liverpool (huge store/internet company) said they had been nagging and nagging Vestax to ship direct and that i was just one of hundreds that was phoning constantly to get a VCI.

I guess Vestax and the stores have their own take on things but the reality is is took me 4 months to get a VCI 100 in UK which was poo.

I guess its all irrelevant now but at the time it was a pain in the ass.