Xone DB4 hardware issue, and......is it being discontinued ?
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone DB4 hardware issue, and......is it being discontinued ?

Hi all! Searching the web for a hardware issue i'm facing i noticed that most stores are selling the DB4 for $1999! This was definitely not the price when it was released or when i was buying it. As user i sure do hope its not discontinued or at least that driver n firmware development doesnt stop!

Now my hardware issue:
    The CueMix set all the way left to cue still has audible bleed of the mix output. This happens on all channels.
    I have reset mixer settings, done a hard reset, updated n re-installed firmware, rolled back to older firmware n then updated again!
    Issue still persists.
    Please advice. There are no scratchy pots, or buttons. Just that pressing cue and dialing the cue mix all the way to the left doesnt entirely mute the mix audio.
    It was working just fine. I was upgrading the firmware and drivers and tweaking my new macbook when this happened.
    Audio is coming from USB, latest drivers and firmware, OSX10.8.4.....thanks.

Um, you mention "new MacBook" and the OS 10.8.4 ... ? Do you have a "new" 2nd hand MacBook? Probably irrelevant but I'm curious.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Mentor

Yes Frankie! I should have been more clear. My "old" mbp is a late 2011 model; my "new" mbp is a used, mint, 2014 model.

Tech Mentor

I did not have much luck with the 2014 mbp, sierra n the very latest DB4 drivers. So i tried to recreate my working setup which had been solid for 2 years; but the the machine had developed a faulty Ram issues. So fixed Ram n re-installed 10.8.4, Trak 2.6.8 and older DB4 driver n firmware.
    That was still jittery n audio would cut out. So i upgraded the driver n firmware again and it seems to be fine now.
    But then the Cue/Mix issue showed up!!

i had some contact recently with tech support, they said then that they are still working on firmware releases...why would they stop this model..
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

Thats great to know! Thanks for sharing that info. The price slash on most top stores didnt make sense so i was wondering the same.

Tech Mentor

Some features i would love in a future firmware update:

New FX
    Xcite FX suite from the PX5
    Ability to use fx chains with macro control.
    Master EQ on the main outs via the menu
    Ability to choose multiple sources as record out; that way we can use the work around for creating an fx send return for outboard n still be able to digitally record.

So, any advice on the cue mix issue i posted about ?

write tech support, maybe they have an idea...there quite quick in responding
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

i spoke to Tech support yesterday and indeed the Xone DB4 is NOT being discontinued.