Anyone moved from Traktor to Rekordbox dj - whats your opinion?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone moved from Traktor to Rekordbox dj - whats your opinion?

Hi,

I'm serious tired of the browser section in Traktor and think I'll switch to Rekordbox DJ.

Does anyone have any experience doing that? Whats your input?

I normally use traktor with CDJ2000 HID mode with the sound-card in the Pioneer 900 mixer or the Audio10 and an X1.

What I understand both the Audio10 and the X1 works all ok in Rekordbox DJ.
    Last edited by djgstefan; 01-05-2017 at 02:13 PM.

I can't help you with compatibility questions but I picked up a DDJ-RX and RB DJ a couple months ago. I still use Traktor too but have been focusing on RBDJ lately. The browser section works great and I haven't noticed any issues. Any specific questions?
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You'll have to map the X1, aside from that you should be good.

Tech Wizard

Nope, just an overall opinion.

I'm been using Traktor for almost 10years and to switch will be a big thing for me. 10.000 songs to be imported to Rekordbox!!

Tech Mentor

The loop move feature of traktor is my most missed. I would sync up, grab an intro loop, cue up, scroll through the track, find the exact point I wanted to mix in, count measures backwards to my into spot, and make a smooth mix without any pre-planning. You cannot move a synced loop and keep it in phrase in rekordbox.
    I am very pleased with the compatibility and reliability of rekordbox. In 5 years of DJing with traktor I never got to save my history of anything I did. It crashed "flushing background tasks" every time I closed it. I was always told it was due to an error in one of my 50,000 MP3 files. However when I loaded a fresh copy of traktor onto a secondary laptop with a completely different much smaller library I ran into the same problem when closing it down.
    Never once have I had rekordbox crash on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Entheos406 View Post
    The loop move feature of traktor is my most missed. I would sync up, grab an intro loop, cue up, scroll through the track, find the exact point I wanted to mix in, count measures backwards to my into spot, and make a smooth mix without any pre-planning. You cannot move a synced loop and keep it in phrase in rekordbox.
    I am very pleased with the compatibility and reliability of rekordbox. In 5 years of DJing with traktor I never got to save my history of anything I did. It crashed "flushing background tasks" every time I closed it. I was always told it was due to an error in one of my 50,000 MP3 files. However when I loaded a fresh copy of traktor onto a secondary laptop with a completely different much smaller library I ran into the same problem when closing it down.
    Never once have I had rekordbox crash on me.
    loop move, maybe is near to beatjump?

I like the sequencer, the Fx and the great Release FX, the GUI and library management and to be able to use exact cue points and simplicity to export to CDJ's.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Entheos406 View Post
    The loop move feature of traktor is my most missed.
    Use the beat jump controls while the loop is active and it moves the loop position as well. The only downside compared with Traktor is you can't move an inactive loop. This works regardless of your quantize settings.

Tech Convert

loop move is my favorite feature in Traktor

Default I am a fan

Traktor has been my main DJ application for quite some time. If you use SYNC, I think it's still a great program. That said, I am very enthusiastic about Redordbox DJ. Visually, I think it is more compelling to use. I actually sold my Traktor S8 and purchased a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 specifically so I could use Rekordbox. The effects are very compelling (although Traktor's effects are really good). And I really like the integration between the controller layout and the software. There are a couple of things that bug me. The quantize feature doesn't really work consistently which can be really annoying (I have it turned off). The software says it cannot locate certain files and yet when i relocate them it says it can't add them into the collection because they are already there. Outside of that, I am a huge fan. I am looking forward to seeing what else they bring to the table.

If you have a Traktor controller, your best bet is to stay with Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by djroubo View Post
    Traktor has been my main DJ application for quite some time. If you use SYNC, I think it's still a great program. That said, I am very enthusiastic about Redordbox DJ. Visually, I think it is more compelling to use. I actually sold my Traktor S8 and purchased a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 specifically so I could use Rekordbox. The effects are very compelling (although Traktor's effects are really good). And I really like the integration between the controller layout and the software. There are a couple of things that bug me. The quantize feature doesn't really work consistently which can be really annoying (I have it turned off). The software says it cannot locate certain files and yet when i relocate them it says it can't add them into the collection because they are already there. Outside of that, I am a huge fan. I am looking forward to seeing what else they bring to the table.

If you have a Traktor controller, your best bet is to stay with Traktor.
    Can you use Release FX on the Sx2 Beats Knob as a DDJ RX would do?

What about latency with RBox?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast