Is there anyway to use the jogwheels to scroll through the track?
    Tech Mentor

Default Is there anyway to use the jogwheels to scroll through the track?

I just upgraded my firmware on my VCI and I'm going through the SE controls right now. They're well done, however I have some questions that I couldn't find answered elsewhere:

1. Instead of going through the track in scratch mode, is there a way to change the settings so you can just seek through the whole track really quickly while using the jog wheels? This would also make it so that if you touch the jog wheel, the track will not stop like a record.

Answered below.

2. As well, is there anyway to increase the sensitivity of the pitch bend on the outside of the wheel?

Answered below.

3. How does the pitch fader work? I understand that it works relative to sync and is based on the fine pitch adjust or something? I can't seem to get it to work at 8% though, it seems to be set at 35% and I can't change it.

4. Sorta curious, why did you switch the order of the play/stop/cue/etc. buttons?

5. Again, curious, why did you switch the loop and key buttons' places?
    Last edited by miyuru; 09-04-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Map Track Seek functions to your jogs.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post

1. Instead of going through the track in scratch mode, is there a way to change the settings so you can just seek through the whole track really quickly while using the jog wheels? This would also make it so that if you touch the jog wheel, the track will not stop like a record.

2. As well, is there anyway to increase the sensitivity of the pitch bend on the outside of the wheel?
    Use the cdj-1000 1.3 tks found here:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339

btw, congrats on that upgrade!
    Last edited by aiden; 09-03-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Map Track Seek functions to your jogs.
    Thanks for the replies. To be honest with you guys I'm SO used to my old setup that I had on 1.2 that I got really frustrated with Ean's SE because "nothing felt right". I'm sure I could've just figured that out but I was too pissed off haha.

But I'm looking forward to learning it, because it will force me to DJ differently so I wonder what I'll sound like after several months practice with this setup.

Tech Mentor

Ack I'm getting frustrated again, mainly with the tempo control. Has anyone else experienced problems? I'll make a real post tomorrow.

tempo control? Hmmmm... Want to find out about that one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

ya, im interested in that one, too. i want to change the tempo adjust on the cdj-1000 style tks, so that it adjusts in larger increments with the outside of the jogwheel - since i can already make minor adjustments with the pitch fader.

Tech Mentor

The most basic fix was to change the MIDI assignment from "Fine" to "Default" under 'Resolution'.

It's just confusing because the actual MIDI pages haven't been explained yet so it's hard to know what I'm changing, you know? It makes me really wary to change anything in the first place. Some documentation in the future would be much appreciated, however I'm sure it'd take a long time to do