Your DAW of choice 2017 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I use FLStudio now. I am slowly making the switch to Bitwig because I am a Linux user. Currently I have to run a windows VM just to work on music and it is quite frustrating (especially since FL started on Linux.....).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I use FLStudio now. I am slowly making the switch to Bitwig because I am a Linux user. Currently I have to run a windows VM just to work on music and it is quite frustrating (especially since FL started on Linux.....).
    I see, thanks for answering bro

Tech Convert

Started with FL studio, wasn't diggin it. Ableton live is the way to go in my opinion (Even thought they all generally do the same shtuff)

Tech Convert

Ableton has a simple workflow and amazing editing possibilities.
    I'd recommand to be your first option if you're considering starting to make music.

Tech Wizard

It literally doesn't matter. Pick one and learn it inside out.

My preference is for Ableton Live or Pro Tools. Between them, Ableton is very slightly nicer working with midi.

sent from a device with a keyboard that hates me, using a system of tubes rather than a highway full of dumptrucks
    I'm mostapha. I lost control of that acount and just decided to create another one.

Setup Thread

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Moostapha View Post
    It literally doesn't matter. Pick one and learn it inside out.
    I actually agree 100% with this.

Tech Convert

Hi goodbytes,

Thanks for posting this question. I've seen you tried a few softwares. Have you ever tried Reason ? I've been using Cubase for a long while with my bro, until i had to make a desktop of my own. It became painful, buffer issues and latency were constant . A representative of M-Audio showed me Reason and its capabilities at a tradeshow passed me out the demo and this software changed my life.

I found it user-friendly, pretty easy to set-up (no need to be a technician to install it, set the audio in préférences and so on, whether you're a Mac or PC user), to start with an idea make a melody in no time. This was a game-changer for me. If you're into video games, most of the artists and groups featured on NeedForSpeedUnderground soundtrack have been awarded due to their work on it, used Reason (Crystal Method, B.T., Rob Zombie, FC Kahuna, Junkie XL, Asian Dub Foundation, The X-cutioners, T.I., Lil Jon and the Eastsideboys, Lost Prophets...)

I use it since 2003 now. Alongside Pro Tools, it's what i use the most, when i don't mess around with my hardware gear (we'll talk about gear later ).
    With time, many improvements occured (audio could be recorded in Reason, sampling too, time-stretch, midi out).

Give it a try at the web site www.propellerhead.se.

If you have any question about it, let me know.
    Last edited by ChuckTheDecksRider; 03-27-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Live 9 and Studio One 3!

It's not a full fledged DAW, but I've been producing my tracks in Maschine. I find it has a good workflow and a lot of great sounds.

Coming from using the full version of Cubase for almost ten years, I'm going to recommend Ableton. If you make electronic music it's a hands down win, really.

Made the switch in 2015 and haven't looked back. Just way more stable, and geared toward electronic and warping.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast