Advice needed for live sequencing

Default Advice needed for live sequencing

Hey Fellow Sound Brothers

I have in my mind the idea to combine a sequencer and sounds from a x-bar loop in my live mixes.
    The general id would be to begin a mix, trigger an outro loop from the exiting song and put that loop in ableton or mashine jam or other to be able to sequence sounds from that loop. I know you can do it iff you prepare everything in advance but can it be done in a rather simple way in a live setting?

In my mind i would add ableton or mashine jam to my traktor setup and record live samples ( loops ) or even drag them to the mashine jam to varry certain hits on the sequencer and match the rythm off the incomming song. Can this be done?

Iff it can be done? What hardware would one need to accomplish this?
    Can i use Traktor + Mashine Jam or do i need to incorporate Ableton and a push2 with the simpler?

I hope i make sense, feel free to correct me
    Thanks in advance for your answers, i'm stuck in the endless forest of possibilities,controllers and software....

Remix decks for Traktor sound like they are going to be what you are looking for if you're already running Traktor.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

the process that let you play parts of a loop is called SLICING.

both Maschine and Push do the job! but i don't know if this could be a goal in a live situation.

maybe a simple sequencer with pre-prepared sounds is better and effective, you can use an F1 and a Remix decks and save some money
    DiJ/Producer
    2 Xone K2 - Maschine - Traktor Pro 2.6.8 - Ableton Live 9 Push - Xone DB2 - MBP13 Late 2011 i7 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 "
    Ableton Live 9 Certificate User
    http://www.facebook.com/Effenem

Thx for the answers,

The thing i was looking for is indeed triggering slices on a sequencer.

When i see tutorials about Push or Mashine Jam i see 8 "sounds" that can be highlighted.
    Once you highlight one sound that sound can be placed on the sequence grid.

In my mind i could apply the serato style "slice loop" and then pick one of the slices to be sequenced.
    Fairly simple to my mind but apprently not that easy since those are temp cuepoints and not real cuepoints.....

Bummer.

I really wonna be able to do this in a live setup......
    Would djing with ableton be a solution?

You can set a loop/slice in traktor (from 1/32 to 32 bars) capture it to a remix deck and use traktors sequencer..
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

I bet you could create a 1 button mapping to slice a 2/4/8 bar section into slices...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Thx for the help