Maschine or Maschine Jam
    Tech Convert

Default Maschine or Maschine Jam

Hi,

Im trying to figure out which piece of equipment is best suitable in my situation. Hope to find some answers here.

What do i have
    I have a Kontrol S4 on my Win10 pc. I also have a Kontrol F1 for samleshots/remixdecks. Recently i bought myself a Roland TR09 ryhtm composer and a Fostex 450 (analogue) mixer. The last two together are used to create an overdrive distortion because i simply love the 90's gabberkick. The masteroutput of the Fostex goes into a livedeck so i can live play with any song/sample/etc and combine it with a gabbersound and twea that gabberkick on the Fostex 450.

What do i want
    I want to expand my posibilities with creating/composing. I want to be able to manually place a kick/snare/synth/etc and tweak the EQ live.

What do i need
    The Jam seems to do that trick, right? If im correct you can tweak the eq with the strips on the jam. Then again, i also want to be able to make complete songs. As far as i know now you can combine patterns which create a song. Can that be done on a Jam as well? And if so, for what purpose is a Maschine controller? The pricetag difference is quite large, so there must be an obvious difference.

Thanks in advance. And sorry if my english isnt correct.
    Last edited by Surreallistic; 01-20-2017 at 09:35 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

The Maschine Jam is designed to be used together with standard Maschine and due to more available buttons it is basically giving you insta access to some functions that you would have to usually use a combination of buttons in the standard Maschine work flow. Their functions are very much the same thing and both can also be used effectively as individual units.

I was in a same boots and I picked Maschine Jam because of the touch strips (which are some of the best you can get for the money) and it's very potential MIDI Mode capabilities.

Tech Convert

So it is still possible to record a sample into the Maschine software while using the Jam-controller? Or is the best way to record the sample on the S4 and bring it into the Maschine-software?

And how about the TR 09 rythm composer, it has midi in and out. The Jam doesnt have a midi in or out..... in what way can i connect it to the Maschin software?
    Last edited by Surreallistic; 01-20-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreallistic View Post
    So it is still possible to record a sample into the Maschine software while using the Jam-controller? Or is the best way to record the sample on the S4 and bring it into the Maschine-software?

And how about the TR 09 rythm composer, it has midi in and out. The Jam doesnt have a midi in or out..... in what way can i connect it to the Maschin software?
    usb
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud