Turntable on Denon ds1 starts to go slow and sound muddy then reverses on serato
    Tech Wizard

Default Turntable on Denon ds1 starts to go slow and sound muddy then reverses on serato

As stated above , and I swapped needles, cartridges, records, changed channels on mixer and on interface, i calibrated on serato , I adjusted weights , heights and just can't get this thing to run well. I will play nice for about 7 minutes or so then it goes ape shit. I switched from line to phono which helps for a short moment but then goes wacky again. Sometimes it plays on reverse , sometimes it just stalls and sounds like someone stopped the vinyl with there hand and wiggles its very slightly so it sounds muddy. What causes this ? It's only on one turntable and it's a Stanton str8-150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech Guru

This is configuration error. Youre changing everything at once instead of slowly testing which parts are functioning before moving on to others.

Follow the serato dvs quickstart guide exactly for the denon DS1 from scratch and let us know where it goes wrong.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    This is configuration error. Youre changing everything at once instead of slowly testing which parts are functioning before moving on to others.

Follow the serato dvs quickstart guide exactly for the denon DS1 from scratch and let us know where it goes wrong.
    All of my testing was one step at a time and it's always that same TT.

This does sound like it's a DVS calibration issue. I know you said you've already done it, but it might be worth taking a crack at again.

This might sound like a stupid question, but did you hook the Stanton up to the grounding post at each end?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    This does sound like it's a DVS calibration issue. I know you said you've already done it, but it might be worth taking a crack at again.

This might sound like a stupid question, but did you hook the Stanton up to the grounding post at each end?
    There is no grounding post , these are self grounded I believe and I did calibrate multiple times and get the same as other turntable which is weird. I just called stanton he thinks it's the motor... I

Tech Mentor

I've had weirdness like that with older versions of TSP mid way across the platter when the antiskate was set wrong.
    It sounds like you're loosing a channel in a similar way if it's not the anti skate.

Tech Wizard

Tech Wizard

Serato told me to check my rca cables and I agree that is have something to do with RCA ... but it's internal . I'm convinced - I'm sending it back since I have 40 day policy

Tech Wizard

Sent them back and replaced with audio technica 1240 and problems gone. Note to self, don't by that resold crap .... stick to new