How Should I Mix ??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How Should I Mix ??

Hey Guys Im Going To Dj In A Local Club In My City In 1 Months And Half Perfect Time For The Special Edition Overlays For About 2 Hrs With Around 600 Ppl And I Need One Advice What U Guys Think Is The Best Way To Do My Gig So My Question Is Should I Mix Externally Or Internal Remeber Guys Have In Mind That Im Dijing After Another Guy And Im Basically Opening The Set For Another Dj Thats Comming From Somewhere Else Idk Where I Careless Who It Is Unless Is Tiesto Lol Anyways Let Me Kno What U Guys Think....and Sorry For The Caps I Was Too Lazy To Take It Off

BTW IF I MIX INTERNALLY I WAS THINKING OF RUNNING THE MASTER OUTPUT IN ONE CHANNEL OF THE CLUB MIXER AND DO ALL THE CUE WITH THE VCI AND MY SOUNDCARD
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 09-03-2008 at 10:32 PM.

i was just use one channel of the mixer so the other dj can mix in ya know then all of you have to do is unhook the channel you are plugged into plug back up the cdj or turntable and dip out and mack on some ladies.

I agree with the last post, use only 1 channel, it makes it easy to setup and break down. and you don't have to mess too much with the house system.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Gees, luigi, I know I haven't slept that well... But your post... I can't work it.

You're having a residency which you're stoked about.
    Are you asking for tips on you setting up your hardware? Then go for the X-man's reply!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

It was hard to read i agree but i get the gist, hes asking for advice for his gig hes going to play.

Id suggest mixing internally, then you wont have to deal with familiarising yourself with the clubs mixer. You can also get more creative with internal mixing, smartmixing (the use of crossband compression in place of equalisers) and eans super cross-fader mod are perfect examples of what can be done if you mix internally.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I just wanted to say, when I saw the topic... my first reaction was to just say

"Well. Mix well"

And I kinda still stand by that. Sit down with your gear and figure out what you can do best and what best works for the club. If you can mix internally just as well as externally then I say do it internally. If you have some super duper awesome epic skillz on an external mixer or something, then pick a long intro track and set up during.

For simplicities sake, I'd say go internal.

Also, please try to keep forum etiquette. Every word does not need to be capitalized. Punctuation is your friend. All caps are never necessary. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

thanks guys and btw is not my fault that every letter eas on capitalized..when i wrote the whole post it appears like that

sorry about that guys so all u guys recommend that i run the output master to one channel well i guess i would do that

Output through one master is recommended. Also because you can already get to grips with this kind of setup at home.

In my eyes, nothing beats training in conditions similar to the real thing.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Tekki is totally right. However you are most likely going to be spinning live is how you should be set up.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

dont do drugs
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast