PC won't detect after failed firmware update vci400se

Default PC won't detect after failed firmware update vci400se

Hello guys, my vci 400se controller can't be detected after failed firmware update. Is there anything I can do? I was updating thru Windows 10 on PC because not all lights worked so thought it has some custom firmware installed and wanted to return to factory firmware. I bought it used couple months ago.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Try giving this a go. Did you try loading the regular VCI-400 firmware off Serato's page? Your SE isn't compatible with that so there's quite a high chance you have properly bricked your unit if the guide I linked won't fix it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Try giving this a go. Did you try loading the regular VCI-400 firmware off Serato's page? Your SE isn't compatible with that so there's quite a high chance you have properly bricked your unit if the guide I linked won't fix it for you.
    Just checked and seems like I used "vci400_v21_AUDIO" file in Audio Driver Control Panel to update firmware and now it shows "No device connected" while PC giving a sound when I connect the controller. I think it's scrap now as I don't know anyone who can fix it anywhere. If there will be any other way instead of USB to put the right firmware in then it may work.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The audio side of the firmware is still compatible with it. Try reverting to 0x0600 and see where that goes. Reboot and try a few times, it's worth the effort before you let go.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The audio side of the firmware is still compatible with it. Try reverting to 0x0600 and see where that goes. Reboot and try a few times, it's worth the effort before you let go.
    OK mate, so I took it to my friend who got Macbook and there it was visible so I Restored firmware to factory settings and now is visible on my PC like it was before.

So:

1. Thru the Audio Driver Control Panel I have uploaded the vci400_d006 file with success.
    2. Turned off device and turned on while holding F1 & F3 (No lights on controller like it suposed to)
    3. In the FirmUp did Midi in & out as Vestax, didn't clicked "Get Ver", just browsed VCI400Eup000.bin and clicked start.
    4. That was the last stage and it failed with "ERROR!! ACK is not found."

What should I do here?

Does on my VCI 400 on the back should be "SE" ? It have silver faceplate and it says "VCI-400DJ Limited Edition"
    That's the right files for my model?
    In attachment I added the photo of Device ID's.
    Attached Images Attached Images