Rekordbox Security
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Rekordbox Security

Maybe this is already posted somewhere online but I was, unfortunately, unable to find it so...

Is it possible to encrypt a reckordbox USB? Will CDJs allow you to enter a password on the touch screen to unlock the encrypted reckordbox USB? Does the rekordbox software even recodnize encripted USBs to format the files on?

I'm asking as a security measure in case I have my USBs stolen at a gig or I forget them somewhere.

All the best,
    Jelani

I don't believe CDJ's can handle encrypted USB drives.

What is the risk? If I lose a usb or its stolen, it would piss me off but I can have another one ready in a few minutes. Do you have a lot of unreleased promos or your own productions? Just wondering why you want this extra protection...

Someone asked this question on Quora last year. Couple of good answers. here is a link.
    https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-way...n-a-CDJ-player
    Last edited by Redlight; 01-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Don't think so, here is why it might not get implemented but regardless go ahead and open a feature request over at Pioneer's forums.

I have contacted Pioneer support and the short answer is there is no password protection solution for rekordbox yet. Bummer. I've summited a feature request with them, so hopefully it can be emplimented.

The reason that I want password protection is because I work hard to collect music. I don't want my efforts hijacked.

No offense, but I wouldn't call collecting music hard work. It's a cool idea but I don't see the point unless you have unreleased music that a crazed fan would try to steal

I feel bad for your DJ sets if that's the way you value your track selecting skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastah Kyler View Post
    No offense, but I wouldn't call collecting music hard work. It's a cool idea but I don't see the point unless you have unreleased music that a crazed fan would try to steal
    I (kind of) agree with Jelani. I spent countless hours of listening to tracks and sets to find what I like and would hate for some hater to snatch up my homework. I own more copies of the tracks of course and can always replace a thumbdrive. But if i loaded up 300 tracks for a night I would be burnt someone took all my hard work.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Not to forget you paid for the music on the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JelaniRobot View Post
    I feel bad for your DJ sets if that's the way you value your track selecting skills.
    There, there. There's no need to insult anyone's skills. I just feel that, if it can be downloaded from the Internet, there's little loss. Don't get me wrong, stealing someone's USB is wrong, but password protection, personally, is not something I would currently use

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I (kind of) agree with Jelani. I spent countless hours of listening to tracks and sets to find what I like and would hate for some hater to snatch up my homework. I own more copies of the tracks of course and can always replace a thumbdrive. But if i loaded up 300 tracks for a night I would be burnt someone took all my hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Not to forget you paid for the music on the drive.
    Good points. Like I said, I would be pissed but since I have the tracks backed up my only real loss is the usb drive. I don't really consider my playlist top secret info. I see where your coming from though.
    Last edited by Redlight; 01-28-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast