Compact DJ controllers? please suggest!
    Tech Convert

Default Compact DJ controllers? please suggest!

I'm looking for something as small as possible, but with full controls, EQs, cue points, etc. I don't care much about jog wheels - i.e. the Denon MC3000 is at the top of my list, but wondering if there's any other good choices. Looking for a good sound card and 4 deck control (either through mapping or by design). I'm also considering the WEGO line, but not sure how difficult that might be to map to 4 decks.

Any suggestions?

THX!

if I were you, I would consider 2 A&H Xone K2s or better a K2 and a K1

you can connect them via X link,so if you are on mac you will have 2 controller with only one usb occupied, hight quality soundcard, lots of commands since you can use the k1 as a 4 ch mixer, and the k2 (that has layers) for the transport controls.

obviously you need the right mapping, but if you are not able to do it yourself there are lot of people that do personal mapping on commission me too, but i don't have a k1
    DiJ/Producer
    2 Xone K2 - Maschine - Traktor Pro 2.6.8 - Ableton Live 9 Push - Xone DB2 - MBP13 Late 2011 i7 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 "
    Ableton Live 9 Certificate User
    http://www.facebook.com/Effenem

Tech Convert

thx for these responses!

Pippo91, I've looked into this route, but I've heard the soundcard on K2 isn't so great, noticeably quiet - do you know anything of this?

Mastah Kyler - thx for the link, I've actually looked through that one as well.

my problem seems to be that I really don't want to compromise on sound quality. also, I want to be able to use this set up as an iOs rig. anyway, thx for your suggestions -

check out ean golden's rig in this video

Quote Originally Posted by miercoles View Post
    I've heard the soundcard on K2 isn't so great, noticeably quiet - do you know anything of this?
    the audio quality is really good, but yes is a little bit quiet. however if you connect the k2 into a club mixer you can fix the gap with the gain
    DiJ/Producer
    2 Xone K2 - Maschine - Traktor Pro 2.6.8 - Ableton Live 9 Push - Xone DB2 - MBP13 Late 2011 i7 - Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 "
    Ableton Live 9 Certificate User
    http://www.facebook.com/Effenem

Tech Convert

Have you considered:
    denon mc6000
    VCI-400
    Faderfox DJ3 or DJ4 (just no hotcues)
    Behringer CMD 4a
    Livid Cntrl:R
    Xone K2 or K1 with NI Audio 2 mk2 soundcard