Shift functions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shift functions

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default Shift functions

Hey guys

So, being that Bomes has decided to, well, not work on my system in any truly helpful way (still troubleshooting... next is to see if it works on the PK's without the VCI) but I'm curious if there is any way to allocate a shift function within Traktor? I'm pretty sure there isn't, but maybe someone found some super-secret work around, or 3.4 does something I haven't discovered yet.

What I want to do is program the triggers on my PadKontrols that jump cues to have one layer be Cue/Play, and the other layer be Cue/Pause.

Any ideas, you crazy peoples?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Are you talking about the midipage selection in Traktor? That's to easy though. hmm.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

yeah, not MIDI pages... I dunno, I'm pretty sure that MIDI pages would be the only way to do it.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Does you PK have a midi shift feature, like a octave shift (like on a oxy8).

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    yeah, not MIDI pages... I dunno, I'm pretty sure that MIDI pages would be the only way to do it.
    Sadly pages are the only way to create those sorts of functions within traktor. You could give GlovePie a go, i likes Bomes more personally due the speed i can pump out pretty complex mappings, but GlovePie can handle shift functions too. It just takes a little longer to do the same thing in my opinion.

Yeah I use glovePie for my DIY projects and it is time consuming to write up the code (the GUI sucks). I have never tried to use it for ready made midi controllers. You might have to route your controller though midi yoke first... but I'm not to sure. I will find out tonight... I can't afford bomes now, and there are a lot of fun things that I would love to happen.

Nah, the PK doesn't have a shift function. I can change the whole thing but I'd like to avoid needing to do that, as one wrong hit and everything goes to shit. But it's an idea.

I'll see what I can throw together in Bomes over the next couple of days :-)

I'm going to have to program one big ass tks soon
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey, if you like tediously boring computer work you will be happy. If not well...

I spend all day doing tediously boring computer work (and, in fact, might get MOS ceritification next year, which could be cool)... and hate it quite a bit.

But, well, I also like stuff working. So I'll play around
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Good luck and let us know how it did and how you did it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast