Rekordbox DVS issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Ahh right I see lol latency isn't the issue then 😔😔

I will be honest man. Pioneer hasn't put any effort into the DVS portion of rekordbox DJ. I don't see stability ever coming out of the software in relation to timecode. Pioneer has always made it's money on CDJ and Mixers, and that will always be the company's focus.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Convert

Yeah Ithat's does seem that way. I've spent a hell of a lot of money on pioneer, yet they can't seem to fix an issue that a lot are suffering with.

I've checked everything twice over, so seems it is just a software issue

Tech Wizard

Is there any update on this? I'm having the same issues. Sometimes it works fine sometimes the dvs is all over the place! I didn't think this would be an issue, traktor timecode is streets ahead.

I've got my latency at about 5 and I've set sync to BPM not beat (BPM works much better than beat)

I've got it working better. Every song was all over the place last night. With the tweaks tonight I managed to have a good mix for about 15 mins then it started drifting, then the last couple of songs were back to being in time. Some songs would start fine then in the last quarter would just start getting faster? Really annoying.

Pioneer support sucks, I wish I would've researched more before I bought it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Is there any update on this? I'm having the same issues. Sometimes it works fine sometimes the dvs is all over the place! I didn't think this would be an issue, traktor timecode is streets ahead.

I've got my latency at about 5 and I've set sync to BPM not beat (BPM works much better than beat)

I've got it working better. Every song was all over the place last night. With the tweaks tonight I managed to have a good mix for about 15 mins then it started drifting, then the last couple of songs were back to being in time. Some songs would start fine then in the last quarter would just start getting faster? Really annoying.

Pioneer support sucks, I wish I would've researched more before I bought it now.
    What version of RBDJ are you running? ENsure you have the latest update installed.

Are you using Serato Timecode or actual RBDJ Timecode vinyl?
    Which audio interface are you using?
    Have you calibrated the DVS properly?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    What version of RBDJ are you running? ENsure you have the latest update installed.

Are you using Serato Timecode or actual RBDJ Timecode vinyl?
    Which audio interface are you using?
    Have you calibrated the DVS properly?
    Hi

Thanks for the help.

Here is my setup...

Windows 10, intel I5 2.20, 8gb
    RBDJ 5.1.1
    RBDJ TCV
    x2 1210, DJM450 and DDJXP1
    Audio selected DJM-450 ASIO
    Timecode calibrated but will try it again

Yesterday. I turned sync off and tried to use them just using the pitch on the TT. I got both records in time. looked at the screen bpm was both saying 120.9.

The cued record then sounded a touch slower, I chased the slower beat down around -3 on the TT pitch before it settled again and was in time. Checked screen, both running at 120.9 again. After about 30 seconds of both records being in time the cued record was suddenly much slower and that deck was now reading 117.4?

I will try calibrating again later today.

Considering that I haven't seen these issues mentioned many other places, I'm thinking there's something weird going on.

What cartridges are you using and how are they set up? Have you tried replacing them? Also, what happens if you just leave the TT at 0% pitch? Do the dots stay stationary for the whole length of the control signal?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Considering that I haven't seen these issues mentioned many other places, I'm thinking there's something weird going on.

What cartridges are you using and how are they set up? Have you tried replacing them? Also, what happens if you just leave the TT at 0% pitch? Do the dots stay stationary for the whole length of the control signal?
    They are ortophon pro s, about 6 months old. I'd say I'm not a heavy user, once a week max. I have a record collection and there is no issues mixing normal vinyl or traktor timecode. I will re calibrate and try again this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    They are ortophon pro s, about 6 months old. I'd say I'm not a heavy user, once a week max. I have a record collection and there is no issues mixing normal vinyl or traktor timecode. I will re calibrate and try again this afternoon.
    Concorde or OM?

If they're headshell mounted, and you either mounted them offset to emulate a straight arm or did it wrong, I feel like the distortion from tracking error might be able to cause this kind of problem....and those distortions are subtle enough that you might not notice it playing real vinyl.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Concorde or OM?

If they're headshell mounted, and you either mounted them offset to emulate a straight arm or did it wrong, I feel like the distortion from tracking error might be able to cause this kind of problem....and those distortions are subtle enough that you might not notice it playing real vinyl.
    Concorde, I think they were a pair already made up in a metal box.

I've calibrated again and it's been much better. Only once the mix was running about 128bpm and one of the songs jumped to 123bpm. When this happened I looked at the screen and 128 was
    on the master and the cue had jumped to 123, sync was still flashing so should have been in time.

I switched sync off for a bit and managed to have a decent go without much issue. I'd like to use sync sometimes though just to give me time to play on the xp1.

What settings do you use in the dvs tab and also what sync do you use (beat or BPM)?

When you have sync selected do your songs run in perfect time? Mine drift out slightly.

If your songs drift out of time with sync selected how do you get them back in time? When I try to get them back in time using the turntable I really have to fight to get it back. Sometimes it just ends up a mess like galloping horses (I can mix vinyl fine)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast