question about tracklists

Default question about tracklists

so i read that when you post mixes now you have to put a tracklist but, why?
    i mean i love this forum but that just seems lazy.
    i'm the type of dude that would spend all day diggin for those diamond in the rough trax. IDK you know thats fun to me. the whole point of being a dj is your style (not dj-ing, thats to make people dance.)i mean i think the guys in the mixes forums get angry when people dont put tracklists up. like their entitled or something.
    FUCK THAT! do some fucking work.
    if your not willing to spend all week digging thorugh every record crate in every store or going through beatport's entire music selection or, at the least hold your phone up and get tit that way then you dont really deserve the track anyway.
    Ya'll do know that back in the day they wold rip off the labels just to keep their PRECIOUS safe.
    i'm just saying im not really mad
    i'm just wondering if im the only one that thinks this way?

stay cool everyone!

oh yeah and peace from Screwston Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

There is a whole thread on there about this topic, don't know why we need another here.

But, personally, I think the concept of a "precious" song is really dumb. I know I'm not alone, but I also know a lot of DJs disagree with me and that's fine. It's one thing, as Lance has said, that you are not allowed to discuss a new song because of commitments to labels/artists, but seriously, we are playing other people's music and should promote their efforts just as hard as our own.

At least, that's my opinion.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

hmm i suppose you right.i am being rather selfish. i guess i should learn to think differently.

SO AS FAR AS BEING A DJ GOES...

the late 60's/ early 70's was like ancient greece ( birth of our society/ concept exploration)

late 70's early 80's (disco sucks movement) was like the dark ages

mid 80's to late to late 90's was like the Renaissance ( dawn of house, techno, dnb)

and know we're in the industrial revolution,

and, so ... through out this entire time dj'ing has gone through many changes?
    but,... uh.. fundamentally stays the same.

and as the years change and progress, so must we?

so.. Darwinism then? YES!

please let us not forget that unless we are in a crew... we are alone and, that we must find and fight for the competitive edge in any stance we take. If we wish to survive.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

see, I'd say today we are in the victorian era. Most of the music is all throw-backs and "appreciating" the classics, and the cutting edge stuff gets copied REALLY quickly. We're not yet in the Industrial Revolution, though arguably that could have been the early to late 80's when tehre was actual industrial music revolutionizing electronic music, but, well
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Futuro2525 View Post
    FUCK THAT! do some fucking work.
    if your not willing to spend all week digging thorugh every record crate in every store or going through beatport's entire music selection or, at the least hold your phone up and get tit that way then you dont really deserve the track anyway.
    dude why u so rude? i mean we are all djīs and we all have to digg deep to find some songs (just to remind u this is a djforum ) and i guess we all do that for sure. but the thing is the mix section was once meant to be a section where u could post ur mixes to get some decent critics and discuss ur mix like transitions track selection and so on.
    the other thing is. when somebody is uploading it and puts it on djtt with a disrciption like "hard winter mix 2009" i canīt get any information from it. i download it and realize it is hardcore gabber (sorry i donīt like it but thatīs not the point) i wonīt listen to it and this shouldnīt be the goal when someone uploads a mix.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.