save remix set

Thread: save remix set

Tech Mentor

Default save remix set

Ok here is what I do after creating a remix set: Save Remix Set -> go to all remix sets. And here it already gets weird. Instead of getting the remix set with filled cells, I receive an empty Set. Why is that? This looks like the proper way to do, but it does not seem to work in my case. This guy shows how it is done and it is working:

Tech Convert

Ah, this old chestnut.
    It's a bug that NI still haven't fixed.

The work-around is to play the cells about 5 or 6 times (each) and it auto-saves.

Just saving the set won't work to save your carefully created loops and stabs.
    Hope that helps.

Tech Mentor

Now first of all, it helped. When I dropped the remix set into my "all remix sets" and then dragging it back into a deck, the set was there. However after saving it as a .trak file, after trying to load it, traktor tells me it is in unknown format (red blinking bar on the bottom). Weird software

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeam View Post
    Now first of all, it helped....
    Mate, it's a massive pain in the arse (I completely agree), however, it's the only way I know.
    The key here is to experiment, I make the odd techno set to add at the end of tracks i(f they get a bit too dark).
    Usually I'll try them on the way to a gig and it autosaves after a few loops.
    Keep hitting the save.
    Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 14.51.52.png

NI knows about this, there's extensive ranting and gnashing of teeth over at the NI forums, but I'd avoid those like the plague.

I feel your pain.