Which producer-software do you use?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Which producer-software do you use?

hello,

i was try to use fruity loops but it's very intensive.
    which software do you use?and what genre of music do you can produce with it.i want to buy a professional software.

is ableton the right one?i want to make electro/fidget/house.

thanks for responses ans sorry for my english.i'm german

Producing software does not confine you to a genre, it only confines you to a workflow.

Check VSTs, they are your soundbricks in your song building.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I would start out with FL Studio, it's got a great beginner's interface, great built-in plugins and a high quality sound engine. If you buy Ableton you need to get a lot of instruments and effects separately which is gonna be bit of a hassle if you don't know what you want
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Guru

I use protools LE from an actual recording standpoint, and i'm *trying* to get into ableton.

I've barely scratched the surface of either.

Started out with audacity... hehe.

Like T said, these days most daw's have pretty much the same capabilities/features, so its more your workflow preferences that determine which you would use. Have a play around with a few demos you'll soon figure out which suits you best.
    I've only really used FL since around 2006, before that it was m2000 on the PS1, but some of the new synths i've got are awesome such as absynth5 for pads, nexus, and predator for psytrance sounds etc
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

always like to recommend Renoise and Reaper, both great software with great prices, should you decide to buy.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

FL studio IS a professional production software, if your already using it and like it look no futher. Buying all the different DAWs under the sun isn't going to make your production any better learn what you have like the back of your hand and it will make you a much better producer.

Bento is right. FL is a good suite. I use that on my PC mainly and Logic on my Mac(s).
    Also have Cubase, Acid, and I use ableton as a Dj App on both PC and Mac.

I find myself always getting on my PC and bnging sh_t off in FL all the time.Great workflow, and all the tools you need already installed.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

I am gonna D/L the demo version of Fruity Loops now and give it a try. I used the program MANY MANY years ago, and was frustrated with it, but I am going to give the fruity loops a try. I had not even considered it, good topic.

Tech Wizard

It's just a matter of preference.
    Don't believe into the myths certain DAWs sound worse or that you can produce sound X only using DAW Z.

I started out with Fruity Loops, but didn't like it; tried Reason, but found it too limiting; used Cubase at a mate of mine for a while but found it to be too irritating; and now I'm using Ableton Live and am perfectly happy. My workflow is improving greatly and I can get stuff done quickly which is crucial to be motivated!

btw:

Laidback Luke uses FL Studio.
    M.A.N.D.Y. uses Ableton Live.
    Claude von Stroke uses Reason for his banger "Who's Afraid of Detroit".
    Funkagenda uses Logic.

They all scored big hits. Not because of their DAW.
    Last edited by Tobert; 12-08-2009 at 01:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast